THE ENTIRE PROJECT MOVES! HELPPPP

leesalama

hi !

how can i delete Video\Audio without the whole project to move after deleting??!@?@@?!?! (I Want to leave a gap after deleting)

im losing my shit over it please helppppp

i did it before but i cant remember 

PLEASE HELPPPPP!!!

Hi

I presume you want to delete a section from your project?  One way (there are several)  which is perfectly logical...

• Place the red cursor line (or play the timeline) to the start of the section you wish to delete.
  • Click the Split tab (scissors icon) that appears next to the red cursor line when you release it. This splits ALL the tracks.
  • Play along to end of the section to be removed and Split the project once again in the same way
  • Right click all the clips and bits  between the split points and select Delete from the menu.
  • This leaves a gap in the tracks. These can be right clicked and closed from the menu.

If you want to Split individual tracks then use the Split tab (Scissors) that appears under the Sequence preview window. The small down arrow opens up a list of choices. Delete the sections isolated between the splits and close any gaps

Another method to remove a section ..

• Play the clip to the start of the unwanted section
  • Move the mouse over the red line in the empty overlay track area and you will see a double headed left/right arrow appear.
  • Drag the cursor line right which will create a blue zone over all the tracks.
  • When you release the cursor line you will see an extended icon bar with choices...or you can right click the blue area for a drop down menu.
  • If you select to Delete the area the gaps will automatically close.

Note that deleting a section will leave gaps in the track(s) Normally these need to be closed. Doing this, (either manually or automatically) everything on the timeline to the right of the gap will move left.

Other, more complex ways to remove/hide sections of a track can involve using the overlay tracks, particularly when there is an audio track, or synched sound that cannot be split.

Nat

Along with Nat's good words, be aware that each Videopad release has several versions that install slightly different features.  You may be using the one that snaps back, instead of leaving a gap.

If that's the issue, hold down the <alt> key when moving/deleting items.  Or, reinstall the program repeatedly (may take several tries) until the gap behavior appears.                      No need to download again.

To keep tracks other than the one you're working with from moving, lock them.  Right-click in the area to the left of the track and LOCK TRACK.