Match series of photos to music

NIck M

I imported a series of photos on VideoPad and added them to the timeline.  I then added a song to the audio time line.  How do I adjust the length of all clips so that they match the length of the song?  Windows MovieMaker had a 1 button sync, but I can't find anything like this on VideoPad.  Thanks!

Several methods...

Under OPTIONS | MEDIA tab set the default still image duration to be the total audio length divided by the number of clips.  Then load the clips into the bin and drop them onto the timeline.

Or select all the clips that are on the timeline, right-click and CHANGE DURATION.  In the duration box (shown at the right here), enter the the number that was the result of the division.

image.png

Or select all the image clips and drag the last clip border in short increments to the right until it matches up with the end of the song.  If you make a mistake, press <ctrl-Z> to backtrack. (EDIT | UNDO)

Using any method, If a slight adjustment is needed at the end, hold down <shift> and drag the final clip so it matches the audio end.

Hi

Alternative..

• Drop all the image clips to the timeline.
  • Place the Audio on Audio track 1
  • Select all the images on the time line (Ctrl +A)
  • Right click and group them.
  • Drag the right hand end of the the timeline along a bit at a time until when released the line of images matches the length of the Audio. You can easily pull it back if it goes too far.

Note:  It would be thought logical to drag the timeline out to match the Audio in one go but when released ALL the clips match the amount dragged and it will end up way beyond where you expect. So do it a bit at a time and you can adjust the line of clips to match and each will end up with the same duration.  (You can drag right or left repeatedly until correct.)

Nat