Soundtap stops recording after a few minutes

Grayglove

I have recently purchased Soundtag but am a little disappointed with the results. After starting a recording the sound source stops and Soundtap stops recording after only a few minutes. Once I close down the SoundTap  the sound source ie Youtube starts again. At first I thought this might be some limitation with YouTube to prevent piracy but the same also applies to other video smade by myself or any others sound source.  I am running  Mac OS 10.15.4 and Soundtag V6.06

Hello,

I just want to be clear, you say ¨After starting a recording the sound source stops and SoundTap stops recording after only a few minutes.¨. If I understand correctly, then this to me seems like normal behavior. SoundTap will only record when it detects a sound stream, if the stream stops at any point so will SoundTap.

Hi yes I understand that it stops recording once the sound source stops. However the sound source (whatever it is, ie YouTube or something else playing) plays perfectly well for as long as....until I try to record it with ST then after a few minutes its stops. Only to start again once I close down ST.

Hi and good day everyone.

Can i know if it is possible to get the audio from the screen recording (i record skype meeting), after i have save my recording?

Since, i didnt noticed that i have not tick in the box audio settings-speaker,mouse click.

I am so stressed right now and hope i can have that audio. Please someone respond, is it possible?

T.T

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/17/2020 at 8:38 PM, gouvermxt said:

It would be nice to have the option to record all the time. I try to record my DJ sets but it stops randomly, it's very annoying because I never know whether or not it is recording.

Yep Same problem with me. Fed up, will delete and get something else

If this is for mac, there is currently a bug with the program running in MAC OS Big Sur and their developers are working on finding a solution. If you have a windows PC then you might want to create support tickets in the link below to get assistance from the NCh technical Support team:  

https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html

@Musicman 1281 * SoundTap complies with Microsoft's DRM signed driver model and will not record streams if a DRM player is used and if the stream is marked as DRM copy-protected.

Spotify uses DRM, so SoundTap will not record.

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2020 at 8:22 PM, haz said:

I'm having the same exact problem. Recording stops after 2 -10 minutes, seems random. Not sure if the sensor is too sensitive but it is annoying as can be.

I had a copy of SoundTap for many years, but recently decided to purchase an update. I am nearly certain that my previous version had the option to set a variable time so that ST would continue recording even in quiet passages - thus solving the problems mentioned above and also my own problem: when recording from Zoom when the session goes to breakout rooms the recording stops... very annoying. So NCH, am I right that this facility (bridging silences while recording continues) was included in previous versions, in which case why has it been dropped now and what is your suggested solution for me and for the others please?