Can't escape professional version

DT777

I was running the free version with no problems. I did a check for update and it directed me to download a new version, and I did, but it was the trial version. I didn't realize it until the trial version expired. Now I've tried to reinstall the free version but it keeps coming up saying my trial has expired. I even did a complete uninstall/reinstall removing data files and reinstalling using the free installer and it still comes up saying I am using the professional version and my trial has expired. Something has been left behind by the professional install which is not going away. I've manually deleted NCH Software folders in %appdata% and %programfiles% and searched the registry, still no luck getting around this.

The only workaround is to install over the top but it will go back to all the restrictions after another trial period. I guarantee you I am using the free installer now. 

Please help!

Windows 10 updates often create automatic restore points.

Open the SETTINGS icon at the right-bottom of the window and click on ALL SETTINGS.

In the search box type "restore point."  Click on CREATE A RESTORE POINT.

Click the SYSTEM RESTORE bar, then click NEXT.  You will see a restore point or a list of same.

Select the most recent, then NEXT and follow instructions.

BUT you will lose anything that was changed, added, created between the restore point date and now, so back up any files that might be lost.

If System Restore fails it should put you right back where you are now.  If it succeeds, you will be back to the date of creation of the restore point, and your project may be intact.