I "restored" my upgraded purchase then the sequence I was working on disappeared :(

Milla Zilla

I was about down with a 2 min video/ sequence. I wanted to save it, then copy it and do something different with the copy. When I tried to copy it, a window popped up saying I had to upgrade my purchase, which doesn't make any sense since I already upgraded a long time ago. I saw an option to "restore purchase" when I clicked it, it said it was restored (dunno if they charged me an extra 100$ bucks, ill have to check ) but then when I tried to go back to my sequence it was gone and I can't find it any where. I had been saving it. When I close out of it and reopen the program it asks me if Id like to re open the sequence I was working on, but when I click it allll my clips and everything I had been working on vanished. Super heart breaking as this was my first time editing and it took me days of going thru hours of footage. </3

Hi

Although it is perhaps a bit late to say so but it is always a good idea to save your project and better still to Save Project As. regularly using a separate name each time and using a safe destination folder..even the desktop. This produces a .vpj file which will recreate your work in the event of a crash. VP will not delete this file or any of the component clips. A crash or closing VP without saving the project first will lose both the project and all the editing you did, meaning you will have to start over again. In some circumstances VP will save a copy but obviously this doesn't seem to have occurred.

You say you had been saving your sequence..How were you doing this please?

Why you seem to have lost your clips is a mystery

Nat

Sorry for the loss, which certainly is frustrating. Following Nat's guidelines should prevent it from reoccurring.

Search the C:\ drive for VPJ files.  If any are found that have the word "backup" in their name,  double-click on them to see what loads.

For example,  D:\my_project_name_backup.vpj