Dear Techi Prince Charming!!!

Please help! Somebody! I am in the middle of creating a project.. I have never used this videopad program but watched some tutorials, bought it downloaded it,  and set on my way.

Its fairly intuitive so i was getting the hang of it,, until 20 hrs in,  i discovered that The audio cuts out half way through even tho the file in the audio bin says it is full length. I feel like maybe when i first added the video that maybe it didnt load all the way? so ive tried deleting the audio and re adding it.. doesnt work, in fact one time when i tried to do that I lost about 6 hours of my video editing..

I have a 4 min long mp4 file of audio and a bunch of video clips that i am sequencing up and syncing to the song.. i got to 2 min.. and the music stopped,, and then a few seconds later the song resumes but in the wrong spot.. I imagine that the fix is so simple but i dont know what it is..

I am really hoping that someone out there can possibly hopefully help me by walking me through fixing this glitch?!!! Anyone?!! Please!! Ive been struggling for days on this.. I missed my deadline but i still need to complete it!!  Thank you!! Jill

Do not PANIC!

What version of Videopad is being used?

You say that the audio clip is Mp4.  Normally that format contains video.  Is there video with that clip?

If this is an independent audio clip, did it move or form gaps when video clips were added?  To avoid that, right-click at the left of the track and LOCK AUDIO.

You will never lose anything if you make it a practice to Save Project File AS routinely.  Give it a unique name or #, so as to not overwrite a prior save.  If just SAVE PROJECT is used, it will overwrite.  To see these save choices use either the FILE menu (top-left, under the 3-lined 'hamburger' button) or click the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the home menu's toolbar.

Share this Mp4 file, especially if it contains no video.  Please upload it to a free server, make the link public (share it) and post the link here.  It's easy and takes but a minute.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.

Hi

The first piece advice is that as you work do a regular Save Project As to ensure that if something cocks up you can at least reload your project at the stage it was when you saved it. Every time you do a Save Project As use a new name like "Save 1"    "Save 2"   Save 3" etc.

It's a bit difficult to sort a problem without seeing the project so follow Borate's advice.

One thing you may have done is edit the video clip(s) after you have placed the accompanying audio on a lower track and you  may have edited out the separate audio clip at the same time. But without looking at it, it's hard to say. The audio in the bin will always show it's full duration (unless you actually trim it there) If you can drag it down to a lower audio track and check it arrives full length. If it does then delete all the bits you seem to have that are on upper audio tracks. You could also mute any tracks containing non associated audio (like an added mp3) so you can concentrate on the actual video part of the editing. Once you are happy with the visuals along with their sound, you can add in the background music.

Nat

thank you Nat,  for your reply.

I have learned ( the hard way lol) to save regularly and rename each time so I know which one is the latest version. I think the trouble is that the audio track is not displayed. only the video track. it only says  linked audio below the video track, so i cant see it. but i know  it is there because it plays the audio when i play the video sequence. i need it to be present because i am syncing the video to the words of the song. i dont see audio track 1 or 2 displayed at all. but i can hear it when i press play. and the audio bits that are with each of the video clips i have unlinked those audios otherwise they play at the same time as the music track.. why can t i see the audio track displayed at the bottom as shown in all the tutorials?

What version of VP is being used?  Share that audio file as described above.  Someone will check it out.

Better yet, share the entire project.  With it on the sequence, just follow the instructions at the link...

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/
If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.

Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

omg.. i had it in storyline mode, thats why i couldnt see the tracks displayed below..!!  i may be able to sort it out now?

im afraid of screwing it up tho, as what i have built this far is perfectly synced up, i am afraid if i remove the audio and redrag it there, that it will wreck it?!

the audio was from my phones voice recorder. it saved as an mp4 when i saved to my laptop.

if i am to share it to you how do i send in a PM ? 

I have the videopad home use, not professional version.. just downloaded last week

do i need to save the project and export the video to save on my laptop to ensure that it is saved? and if i do that can i still  edit it after and add to it etc?

Thank you for your help guys!!!!

Saving the project updates the VPJ file, which tells the program where to find the source material and how to handle effects/transitions.

As long as none of the source files are moved, restoring the saved VPJ will load exactly what was on the sequence when the file was saved, and editing can continue.

An exported file will not display individual edits if loaded into VP.  It's a composite.  So, no, exporting isn't necessary until the project is completed.

Look at the bottom-left of the VP window.  What version # is listed?

• borate changed the title to Audio cuts out