How To Save a Title Sequence with a Clear Background for Later Use

skreeonk

Hi,

I'm putting together the first video in a series and I'm still learning my way around this program. I can not find an answer to this anywhere. Hopefully, it's easier than I've been making it out to be. I put together a simple intro sequence with text on a clear background (so it appears over a freeze-frame of the video), it's animated to smash down and smash back out, and there's a musical cue, too. I would like to somehow save it for use in future videos. I know if I export it, I won't be able to use it as intended because the background will become opaque. Any help? I do not want to have to build it from the ground up every time I make a new video.

Thank you.

To save a group of effects as a template to later apply to other clips:

• Open the effects window by selecting a clip and going to "Video Effects"  on the toolbar or click the FX button in the clip on the sequence.
  • Once this is done, you can apply or edit the effects you wish to save as a template, then hit the "Save as effect chain template" button. image.png
  • Enter a descriptive name to use for your template (e.g. "Shrink to Corner") and hit "Save".

When you want to apply it later, open effects, scroll down the items to the bottom and choose your template;  it's just another effect.

Go with Nat's PROJECT template instructions below if you want to save the sound cue with the video.

Even without a placeholder the template can be used just as he instructs. and manually moved to where you want it in the sequence.

To rename your template, click the 3-lined 'hamburger' menu at the top-left of the window, then click FILE | OPEN PROJECT.

Locate the folder that contains your project templates - likely "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\VideoPad Projects\Templates" ...

Right click on the template and RENAME.

Hi

Do this...

1. Open VP, start a New Project  and create your title sequence
  2. Add the sound to the title and group the two clips.
  3. Once complete and playing as you want, click the Add Objects Tab and select Add placeholder Clip (Video Track)
  4. Grab the Placeholder clip that appears and drop it onto the timeline so it follows the Title clip......
  6. aaa.jpg
  8. Click the little down arrow on the right of the  Templates tab and select Save Project as Template.
  9. Click OK. Your Template title will now have been created as "Untitled" (You can name it later)
  10. Close VP
  11. Open VP. Click New Project  and create your video.
  12. Right click the Templates tab (Not the down arrow!) This will open a small window containing some ready to use template examples.
  13. Scroll down to your created template... It will be called "Untitled".........
  15. bb.jpg
  17. Select your template and click the Apply Template button
  18. Your template will be applied to the start of the timeline and the place holder clip will have been replaced by your project...
  20. ccc.jpg
  21. You can now adjust the position of the title clip as you wish
  23. Having created the template it can be used at any time for further projects.

Come back if you are not clear or have any questions.

Nat

Thank you for your help.

I have two text video clips, both have position and motion effects on them. I had to split the title up into two clips because I use different fonts and if I put them together on the same text clip, the spacing between them looks bad.

VIDEO TWO (5 seconds)

VIDEO ONE (5 seconds)

AUDIO ONE (5 seconds)

When I apply the template:

VIDEO TWO (3 seconds)

VIDEO ONE (3 seconds)

AUDIO ONE (5 seconds)

If I just click on the video sequences to drag them out to 5 seconds, they automatically jump out past 5 seconds. I shrink them down to 5, and the video sequences are now out of sync with each other. I've tried removing the placeholder clip, but it still does the same thing. I also just noticed at VIDEO TWO loses all of the effects I applied to it. I can work around this, I think.

-0-

Nope. Sorry, I tried all kinds of ways to get this to work, no matter what I do, the motion of the text is bugging out. Both clips smash in, but only one smashes out, even though they have the exact same animation. It doesn't move how I've animated it to move, even though I've double- and triple checked it. This is frustrating.

-0-

I gave in and condensed the two text clips into one and now the audio and animations never work together. I get the animation to work and audio goes mute, (even though it's not marked to be mute), I get the audio working and the animation don't work how it's programmed. I am extremely frustrated with VideoPad right now.

Share the project and someone will check it out.  It's easy, takes little time and can be private.

OR simply upload the text clips that you want for the template, complete with their working effects, fonts and audio for testing here..

Not seeing a problem with templates...

Created a template consisting of a title object and a musical note, and saved it. Then cleared the sequence.  A placeholder wasn't used in this test.

Imported a video clip and dropped it into the sequence.

Clicked the chevron to the right of the TEMPLATES icon and chose Apply Template to Open Project.  This created a new sequence 2 that displayed the template.

Selected both audio and video in that sequence and pressed <ctrl-C>  to copy the template.  (Same as EDIT | COPY)

Clicked the Sequence 1 tab and pressed <ctrl-V> to paste the template.  It overlays.  Then it could be positioned where desired.  Positioning did not affect the video.

Here's how to share your clips or project...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.
If you upload the project use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.