dvd not playing on non computer dvd player

chuck clark

I have created dvds of my photo project, a slideshow using PhotoStage,  but it will not play on the dvd player we use for netflix, etc. It will play on my portable dvd player attached to my laptop. Is there a way to create a dvd of a slide show to play on a regular dvd player? Thanks.

Hello Chuck, there is no setting in the program that you can change to make the DVD readable on any DVD player, it will depend on the DVD player's specifications. One thing you can try to do is to burn the disc at a slower speed or use a different brand and type of DVD disc and burn at a slower speed. 

Other than that, there is really nothing else in the program that can be altered to try getting a DVD compatible with your particular DVD player.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried everything that I have read about that you produce and I have been able to produce a dvd that will work in my dvd player connected to my TV. But, I can not get a clear non grainy (and I mean grainy) copy. No mater what settings I make in export (both Video and DVD movie settings) they all come out a width 720 and height 480. My TV is a 1080p HD and I cannot get anything close. I have gone through $15 worth of disks but no luck. There is no one place for a novice to set this thing up. It is maddening. 

They were taken with a motorola phone camera which is rated pretty highly (48MP). I cannot go back to italy and retake these pictures, unfortunately. Why does the video keep coming up with a 720p output (720W x 480H) rather than 1080p? That seems to be the problem.

Hello, and although the camera is capable of making good pictures, you can change the settings on the camera to adjust the quality of the images.  In any case, when you export the slideshow as video file, could you try using the preset HD 1080p and click on create and confirm if the quality improves. 

For better assistance on this matter, you may want to contact the NCH Software support team directly through this link Software Technical Support