My Video Pad Issues Solutions Progress and Use

FlyingNando SV

6 hours ago, c_major said:

Thanks for the input.

Yes, we are working on 64 bit VideoPad. We are hopping it can be released it in a couple months of time.

is there not even a Beta version that i can start playing with and give feedback

maybe a 64bit VP might solve some of the conflicts 

as my old Laptop had a 32 bit system(was using version 5 or 6, cant remember), and i had zero issues till i found the limit of the laptop 

that was magic, just that i wouldn't be able to do a patch of what i am doing now

at that stage, was only playing with my drone footage and not doing much with it, besides, speeding up, reversing footage, as can be seen on my youtube footage

The suggestion was to add global effects - those that run throughout the project - after Sequence 1 was dropped into a blank Sequence 2 - not after exporting.  Hopefully, that would help lessen the load.  Then again it might not.  Thereafter, Sequence two - a composite - would be exported in segments to be later assembled, per earlier instructions.  Another load lightener might be to purge unused bin files, so they aren't included in the portable package.

About the only suggestion remaining is to test an export of the final using AVI format, 2K.  Won't hurt.  Might fail.  You can run it while you sleep.^_^

As far as final efforts for you here, uploading the portable project folder is most helpful, after adding all effects. Right-click on it and click PROPERTIES to see the file size.  That size, and likely more for overhead, will be the free space needed on the server.  If the portable project folder is too big, perhaps you can zip and upload the files that the folder contains in chunks that the server can handle - one at a time - to be verified as received in full here.

There is no 64-bit beta.  Expect 2K, 4K to be handled better when the 64-bit comes to fruition. While recent versions are much improved, the influx of those files imposes heavy demands. 

2 hours ago, FlyingNando SV said:

is there not even a Beta version that i can start playing with and give feedback

maybe a 64bit VP might solve some of the conflicts 

Sorry no Beta yet at this stage. We are definitely pushing 64 bit forward. It will be applied to all NCH products.

18 hours ago, borate said:

No, your link still responds with "Ooops, something went wrong."

Without seeing the project, or the portion that has the overlay problem you describe, it's tough to say what is going on.  Upload and share an example if possible.

Higher tracks override lower tracks, as you know.  If a 70% scaled clip is on a lower track and a 40% scaled clip is on the next higher track, the 40 will overlay the 70 - picture in picture - as in the example below where track 1 is a color background, 2 is wildlife and 3 is the pooch.

The recommendations for 4K export mentioned earlier may succeed.  They have here.  But 2K output will give less grief and look sharp on YouTube and most any PC.  Again, IMO, you may be bumping the current limits of VP memory with long, 4K material.  AFAIK, there's no timeline, but a 64-bit version is on the burner.

Snapshot - 2.png

am trying to salvage the project and all the work that has gone into it

so am copying the clips, that make up the video as per your pic, set for set, onto a new sequence and exporting them

as long as i do set for set, then it plays fine when exported

took a short cut and did 3 sets together and only the 1st set got exported and only the one video plays, the other smaller one like where you have the dog, does not play

• 2 weeks later...