Beginner Basics

Dave Mac

I just started using VideoPad. I'm challenged with figuring out how do to basic edits. I have a football game from 1984. I just want to edit out the commercials. The YouTube videos that I have seen aren't very helpful. The tutorials also won't play. Any suggestions?

Tutorials certainly should play??

Click the ? at the top-right of the Videopad window for a help index.  Use <ctrl-F> to launch a FIND box at the bottom of the window.

If your PC has a PDF reader, try this..  http://tinyurl.com/y82bqdyq  Once the page appears, click the three-lined hamburger menu at the top-right and Find In This Page.

To edit out the commercials...

With the game video on the timeline, move the red-lined cursor to the start of the commercial and click the scissors icon or the SPLIT button.  Do the same for the end of the commercial.  Then, with the focus on the area between those splits, right-click|DELETE (ripple) or simply press the <DEL> key.

Any gaps that might appear between clips on the sequence can be removed with a right-click | CLOSE GAP.

Hi Borate

Version 8.18

1. Add clip to bin
  2. Drag/drop clip to timeline.
  3. Place red cursor line on the clip
  4. Click the scissors.......Clip splits.
  5. Move cursor along a bit to the right
  6. Click the scissors again.........CLIP DOES NOT SPLIT!             No part of the section to the right will split!
  7. Move cursor line to left of first split and the scissors will work!

How come THIS is not working now?

Just checked v 8.16 and this seems to act in the same way. Moving cursor right after any split there is no split but moving left of split it does split.

Nat

Hi Borate

Just loaded it..:D......back to vertical  scissors!  But at least it's splitting OK now. 

I'll re-install over a second time.....No ...still vertical!......and now Splitting to the right is not working again!   WT* is going on here.:blink:

I'll try another overwrite.......No..Scissors still vertical but splitting seems OK now.   ?????

Seems like one of the  A/B testing versions has the bug and not the other. Pot luck then which one you get. Not good for users.

Nat

Hi Borate

A THIRD overwrite of 8.20 gave a version with the horizontal scissors popup  and in which the split action was working correctly.

This is probably the reason why some users find a problem that we can't. It must depend on which version they happen to load......A/B or C (as it seems there are three versions here.)  I passed the observation on to NCH (S)

Nat