What happened to VideoPad? Everything is slow.

Vesanic

Title says it all.

I've been using VideoPad for a couple of years now. Some processes were always very slow, but I always managed my patience around that to save me the trouble of having to learn more complicated softwares.

I just acquired a brand new computer with better specs than I've ever used, and downloaded the latest version of the software. EVERYTHING is slow, from selecting an effect to the sequence preview. In fact, the preview barely works at all, the image freezes, even on a small window mode.

The software crashed 3 times over the time of my project, which I've just finished: it took me over an hour. It would have taken 5 minutes without all the lag! What the hell is happening? 

For the record, this has nothing to do with my specs. Resolve and Adobe Premiere work completely fine. I just do not need such complicated softwares for my video projects, VideoPad was the perfect fit. It might be my only option at this point though.

Again, this has nothing to do with my specs. I spotted similar topics, ranging from 2017 to recently, and they all mentioned they had high performing computers.

Windows version or Mac?

Nothing like that seen here;  it's actually pretty frisky.  Check this out...   https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/kb/1772.html

Let's take a look at that project.  Please share it (here or in private via a PM) and we'll check it out.  It's easy...

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.

Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

It's not clear that your PORTABLE folder is available at that ad-infested download site.

Try Google Drive or MS OneDrive instead, please.  Be sure that you have saved from VP as a PORTABLE project, which will contain the VPJ control file + all your project's source files.

Hi

The file uploaded seems to be just Minerva.vpj file. and that is no use as ALL the project files are required for someone to reconstruct it.

Loading the Minerva.vpj shows there are two video files missing.....

aa.jpg

Save your project using the Menu/File/ Save as a Portable Project option. This will copy everything needed for reconstruction and place it in a dated folder. Upload the contents of this folder to dropbox (or similar hosting site)

Nat

Thanks for sharing.  Preview and export (default settings) of your project in v8.12 looked fine.  No hang, no freeze, no crash.

Restart VP, Clear Unused Cache Files, under OPTIONS | DISK and reload the project.  If no joy, try a reinstall or this beta version.  Report back.