RAW files can't be accessed (Dave Lane)

Laney

Video Pad has high jacked all my RAW photo files.
I downloaded the free VP and, after 2 uses i had to purchase it to continue.
Since purchasing VP I cannot access any of my RAW files.
NCH is trying to force me download another program to work with them, I do not want this, I did not agree to it.
I feel I am being railroaded here!

No one is trying to railroad you.

The trial version is nearly full featured for a period of time.  Prompts to purchase may appear, but purchase isn't mandatory.  What other program is it prompting to buy?

If you found that mp4 export wasn't available, try AVI.

From where are the files being accessed?  Those loaded from your PC  into Videopad remain on the PC unchanged.  Imports from a camera should fare as well.

Hi

VP will not hijack your RAW files and they should remain unaltered in their designated folder.

It may be that the Add Files  window is not showing RAW files as Common Media Files is the default search option.If you click the down chevron to the right of the box you will see a full list of common media files.....(VP caters for quite a number!).....

aa.jpg

At the bottom you will see All Files (*.*)  Select this option and the window should show any RAW files present (plus any non/media files) in the selected folder.

Although VP will load RAW files, they may load or run slowly. If you have purchased a fully running version of VP  I am not sure what you mean by  "...NCH is trying to force me download another program to work with them,..."   You may need to clarify this. In any case you might try using the free version of  PIXILLION to convert all your RAW image files to MPG files. (similar). You might find they work better.

Nat

image.png