How to export individual clips/Select clips and export

Drumjunkie

Hi, running latest vers 8.02 on Mac here.

I have several long videos 10-30 min in length that I simply want to split into smaller clips and export as individual files. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this; when I export it puts all the clips together in one vid.

Do I need to create a new sequence for each clip? Seems like a pain in the butt.

Thanks

Hi

There are various ways using sequences etc but .....Try this ...No sequences involved...

1. Place your video on the timeline
  2. Move the red cursor to the end of the your first selection
  3. As you release the cursor use the popup scissors to Split the video
  4. Click the cursor again to get the popup back and then the click the blue bracket to remove the right hand section of the timeline leaving your selection.
  5. Export your first selection
  6. Click the Redo arrow on the toolbar at the top to return the whole of the previous timeline
  7. Right click the exported selection which has returned and then choose Cut. from the menu. This removes it and closes the gap. The remainder of your project is now ready for your next selection.
  8. Set the cursor to the end of your next selection......and so on...
  9. Repeat the steps from (3) until you have exported all of your selections as individual videos.

Note that your original video clip remains uncut and if you cock it up you can clear everything and try again.

Best of luck

Nat

Yet another approach...

Place the mouse pointer over the cursor (red line) until it displays two arrows.

Drag the ine, to create a shaded selection that corresponds to a segment for export.

On the pop up click the  EXPORT SELECTED REGION.  Or right-click the selection and do the same.

export.jpg

Hi all thanks for your help. None of these methods have worked. The only icon that appears when clicking the cursor is the scissors to cut. I don't have any other options showing up. No 'export selection region' option, not even the red and blue brackets.

Please help, thanks

Can't test a Mac here, but if it does come down to creating new sequences for each clip...

Split out each segment and COPY | PASTE each to new, individual sequences.

Then invoke the drop-down File menu and EXPORT ALL SEQUENCES.

Works well in Windows.

Hi DrumJunkie

OK. As you don't have the brackets on your popup; (seems Mac version doesn't) just use the scissors. Try these steps ...You won't need blue brackets or sequences either...

1. Load your video clip to the timeline
  2. Move the cursor to the end of your  selection point
  3. Click the scissors to split the timeline
  4. Right click on the section to the right and Cut. (if you don't have Cut on the menu then use Delete.) This will leave your selection on the timeline.
  5. Export your the selection selection
  6. Click the Redo arrow on the top toolbar. This will restore the timeline with your split
  7. Right click on the left section (your last selection) and Cut. (if you don't have Cut on the menu then use Delete.but close the gap)
  8. Repeat from step 2 until all your selections have been exported.

As mentioned before the original video clip remains unaltered.

Works OK in Windows version here.

Nat

On 2/26/2020 at 7:17 PM, borate said:

Yet another approach...

Place the mouse pointer over the cursor (red line) until it displays two arrows.

Drag the ine, to create a shaded selection that corresponds to a segment for export.

On the pop up click the  EXPORT SELECTED REGION.  Or right-click the selection and do the same.

export.jpg

Hello,
I don't have your 5 options either (only 3 icon, cut+red+blue icon; missing Delete and Export icons).
Can you please tell me which version of VideoPad and Operating System you are using?
I am using the latest version available, in English 8.12 (But you have always had these characteristics in an old post of mine you already told me.)

Do I have to download / install the same version several times to get a different result?
Thanks

It's possible, if not likely.  No need to download;  installing several times will reveal if there's a change.

Export selected regions seems to be working well in v8.12 beta for Windows.

Tested with wmv, avi and mp4.  All exported only the region.   expor_selected.jpg

2 hours ago, krandall said:

Hello,
I don't have your 5 options either (only 3 icon, cut+red+blue icon; missing Delete and Export icons).
Can you please tell me which version of VideoPad and Operating System you are using?
I am using the latest version available, in English 8.12 (But you have always had these characteristics in an old post of mine you already told me.)

Do I have to download / install the same version several times to get a different result?
Thanks

Hi, you need to make a selection to show the delete and export selected region

https://gfycat.com/kaleidoscopicvioletgoa