First fade in not exporting

Wilder

Hi

What version of VP are you using?

Have you set keyframes correctly?

1. Click the FX on the clip in question and select Transparency effect
  2. Slide the red cursor line on the graph pane to the left (Start of the clip)
  3. Set the Opacity to 0%
  4. Click the keyframe tab (At left end at top of graph pane..Green + with red line)
  5. Move red cursor line to the riught to pont where Fade-in is complete.
  6. Slide Opacity to 100%
  7. Click keyframe tab again.    Graph will look like similar to this.... (Cursor moved a little to the right to show the keyframe markers on the blue line)

aa.jpg

This should fade in the clip in question whether or not it is the first one.

A simple alternative is to click the f button at the top left end of the clip......

bb.jpg

...and enter the Fade-in duration required.

If you can't see this button, zoom in the timeline.

Both of these methods work fine here (Version 8.04 and version 8.06 Beta) If  are not working try the latest version of VP.

https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/versions.html

Nat

Hello! 

Thanks for your reply.

My version is 6.03(I can't afford to upgrade atm).

Here's what it looks like on my end. (I can't see screenshot input button on the forum?)

The clip goes a while with 0% opacity and the quickly ramps up and it looks perfect when I play the project in Videopad but when I export it doesn't work.

All other fade in's work in the rest of the exported video.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Wilder

You can use the latest trial version without paying.  Certain features aren't available, or won't be after the trail.  Just retain your original installer and license, for reinstall.

Another thing to try...

Place a short black, blank clip at the head of the project and fade or crossfade from it to the first video.

To have someone check out the issue, please upload the project.  It's easy and can be private...

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

5 hours ago, borate said:

You can use the latest trial version without paying.  Certain features aren't available, or won't be after the trail.  Just retain your original installer and license, for reinstall.

Another thing to try...

Place a short black, blank clip at the head of the project and fade or crossfade from it to the first video.

Thank you.  Is there a way to post a screenshot of my settings here?

Hi Wilder

It's an odd fault.  Try Borates suggestion as it's  one as it doesn't use the transparency effect. What happens with the f box?

I have tested this scenario (Transparency)  with VP versions from 6.00 to 6.30 and all work as expected.:unsure:

".....Here's what it looks like on my end. (I can't see screenshot input button on the forum?) ...."

Unfortunately only selected forum users can add screenshots/images due to misuse of the feature by other users. You can, of course upload a screenshot to a hosting site like

https://pictr.com/

Upload your image and post the link.

Nat

42 minutes ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi Wilder

It's an odd fault.  Try Borates suggestion as it's  one as it doesn't use the transparency effect. What happens with the f box?

I have tested this scenario (Transparency)  with VP versions from 6.00 to 6.30 and all work as expected.:unsure:

Thanks for your reply.

I deleted the transparency effect and tried it with the F box and then it "worked" as it exported the video with the fade in. 

I might be wrong though but it seems to be the arc of the fade-in was smoother with the transparency effect? Like it was a slower beginning to the fade(like a ramp and not a straight line like it seems to be now)?

It's weird cause the rest of the fade in's in the video made with Trans export as they should.

And here's a screenshot of my transparency setting:

https://imgur.com/a/h0D1VBA

Hi All

The Graph is OK and No, it's not too short...Clip is 1min 30 secs  according to the time scale....

aa.jpg

...so the fade-in is about 5 seconds so it should be visible.  I note that it is a MOV file....Wonder if there is a connection here?

Bit Later..    Nope!

Checked a MOV file with VP 8.06 and a Transparency fade-in.  Previews OK.

Exported as mp4......That faded in OK as well.   Stumped as to why yours doesn't work.:wacko:  Best to use the F box. Not absolutely sure what you mean by the "arc" of the fade-in as it should still be a linear effect.

Also tried multiple clips with fade-in on first MOV.....Still OK

I think the best way to to proceed would be to save your project usiing the File option Save Portable Project As. This results in a dated/numbered folder containing copies of all your project files plus a vpj file. If you upload that folder to dropbox or equivalent hosting site with a link to it on the forum. Someone  will   take a look and at least try it on the latest version of VP..

Nat

Thank you very much folks.

I'll go with the F box solution for now. 

I had an idea how to fool "the bug" if it happens again and that is to make a fade in with transparency on a hidden layer under something else right in the beginning of the videos since it seems to only affect the first one.

Anyway, thank you very much again for your help.

Wilder