Slowing down whenever adding FX effects to video

Black_horse

Hi,

I'm exploring new video editor software, and I liked Videopad but facing this problem whenever adding any effect to the video.
The software will become sluggish and slow, when I try to export a video it would take up to 15 hrs for a 2min video.

Without effects, about 3 min.

I tried Filmora, previously used Movavi and Corel Pro, they wouldn't take 2 min to process the same video.
With Corel I edited a 23min video, which was amazingly fast in around 3min.
But not sure what's wrong here?

I closed any video application and browser, nothing suspicious in task manager.

My system spec:
Windows 10 x64
CPU intel 4670k @3.4
GPU Nvidia GTX 970 4GB
16GB Ram
HDD 14 TB

Thank you.

That timing is totally inconsistent with results here.  A two-minute project should take mere seconds.  What version is being used?  Here is the latest.

Clear cache flles, under OPTIONS | DISK, uninstall and reinstall.

Please share a project that exhibits this behavior.  This is not difficult.  Someone will check out how it exports, to see if they can replicate the issue.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Hi

Obviously the time for exporting a project is very much dependent on the complexity and the processing speed of the PC.

Here, a single clip cut down to 2 minutes  exported (using a slow Vista PC)  as a 1280 x 720 mp4 in 10.2 seconds  This is a pretty straightforward example. No transitions or other effects.

The same project, split, shortened and  with other clips/images added to make it back up to 2 mins with effects and x fades between them exported as a 1280 x 720 mp4 in  12 minutes

It would be expected that if it was a larger project (or if export parameters were different) it would take a proportionately longer time

During the export the processor usage was 60 - 69%

What was the processor usage during your export...100%?  You may have other background processes running that are slowing things down.

Nat

I uploaded the file, it's about 5Mb.
https://www.datafilehost.com/d/bcf9fffd
Originally, wants to work on 1.2GB video, 1:30 hrs, cut to 23min with effects, when export, the progress won't move at all,
left it for 5 min to find it had only moved 00:00:00:004 in video position.
The same video Corel Pro rendered it in 3 min with similar effects.

Nationalsolo

My CPU usage: 45-50%
GPU usage: 0%

Using default and different rendering setting to export.
The test project above is about 400x500 pixel, 1:40min, 5Mb mp4, using any effect regardless. (No cut or image/video merging)
Videopad become sluggish and hard to work on.

Thank you.

Hi

Both files (compressed) downloaded OK. Result same as Borate. The vpj file did not load correctly and showed a missing file which was resolved manually. Loading to VP was very slow but I could see see what effects you had used on the video file. (Noise reduction and Sharpen) Closed VP and cleared the cache.

I then loaded the file manually into VP which finished in a matter of around 10 seconds.

I added the two effects

1. Sharpen 3

This took 1 min 40 to complete. (Time Green caching bar to finish.) The timeline played with no problems following this. When finished CPU usage was 7 - 10%

2. Noise reduction 0.5 and 0.5 (Default values)

The addition of this effect to the previous effect virtually stopped VP running as  CPU usage jumped immediately to 100%.  The Green caching bar almost stationary.  Cancelling the effect dropped the CPU usage straight back down to 5%

There does seem to be a problem here with using the noise reduction effect as even using it on its own with your file provoked the same problem . NCH have been asked to take a look.

Nat

• borate changed the title to Slowing down whenever adding FX effects to video