Exports Video without sequence with added images and text

DrLesley

What version of Videopad is in use?  Test the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.

If the problem persists, please share your project.  Someone will check it out and resolve the issue.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

I was on the old version, but I just purchased and installed the latest version as an upgrade - it cost me $29 - it didn't tell me I could have it free for 6 months.  it is doing this after the upgrade.I will share the project.

Here is the link to my project. https://drive.google.com/open?id=11jntLdzAsaIK-WsHqVdKkc0wl7Q0lG8x

I am sure it is something simple - I haven't used it in a while.  I have version 8.04.

Looks just fine here, using 8.04.  Slide and text are intact.

On the sequence timeline, is the slide area darkened?

If so, above the bin (top-left) click the SEQUENCES tab, then click on Sequence 1

Below the preview window thumbnails, drag the red [ bracket all the way to the left, so there is no darkened area.

Now try your export again.

This is really strange, I can see the one you did in One Drive has the opening part of the sequence. When I download it I get the same thing as before - that part is missing again. So then I opened it with VCL or Windows Media player instead of whatever the default is and it is fine. So then I opened the one I saved and that is fine too. The default player is called "Films and TV" and I think perhaps its part of Microsoft? I have a new computer which is why I had to reload the program and upgrade. Thank your your help...Lesley

Looks as if you have unearthed a Windows 10 Movies and TV app bug.  The app has trouble with lossless output, which is how VP exported it at the Mp4 default settings.       Load the video into it and, yes, the slide is missing.  However, if the seek bar dot is dragged all the way to the left, then the full content is shown.

Export the file with the MPEG compressor instead of H264 (click on the blue Default Quality/Filesize link to make that choice) and the video plays in full in the Movies and TV app.  Or export as an AVI.