Add Text counter position (Mr)

John From Maine

Thanks for your reply.  WHAT "blue bar at the top of the window" are you referring?  I don't see any "blue bar".  I understand that I can MOVE the timeline "starting & ending" locations.  Having the "stopwatch" in the middle of the screen is very distracting and it would be so much better if it could be moved to any corner of the screen.

Hi

Must be your Windows setup   or Windows version.

I have a Blue border on the Text Timer edit window.........:)   (VP 8.00)

aa.jpg

.....but whatever the colour of the bar the same principle applies.Grab it and drag the window to the desired position. It's not a permanent solution though and I have asked NCH if the last coordinates (the ones you position it at) could always be remembered by VP ..perhaps in a registry entry  like other positions and sizes.

Nat

Thanks again for the replies.  However, I guess I'm not being clear with my question.  Yes, I can move the "edit - Stopwatch" box by clicking on the blue or white bar.  My original question was "is it possible to relocate the resultant stopwatch "timer" on the video screen".  It appears that it is ONLY located in the middle of the video screen.  Other add text options have the ability to locate the video text as "left, center or right" justified plus "top, middle or bottom".  So I'm guessing that those justifications are NOT available for the stopwatch and/or I'm NOT missing some other way to move the video text.  Sorry if my question was not clear.

John

Is it possible to relocate the resultant stopwatch "timer" on the video screen?

But of course.  The stopwatch is just a clip.  Click the fx button at the bottom-right of the clip to open the effects box (or click VIDEO EFFECTS on the toolbar).

Click the large green + sign if the box is blank.  Choose the POSITION effect.  In the preview window drag the watch to where you want it (or use the sliders).

image.png

Hi John

1)        "...... When I use the stopwatch via add text, it is alsways positioned in the center of the screen ....."

2)       "...... "is it possible to relocate the resultant stopwatch "timer" on the video screen".  ...."

Ah!  That's clearer.....You want to position it  in the preview image..not the Screen ! :)   The answer is Yes!

The answer's in Borate's post.......:)

Note that all texts/titles etc are generated by VP as an image clip. You can therefore add effects to these clips, (including the Position effect.) The Timer Texts displays are all rather similar however. You can create a proper clock face display with a second hand moving round but would take a bit of setting up.

Nat

• 2 weeks later...