Landscape images fine in preview but small on export

Luba0310

Hi,

Complete newbie so forgive lack of technical jargon but here's my issue. I've made a sequence of pictures and videos and on preview it looks great. However when i export to MP4, though portrait images fill the screen as per preview, landscape images are much smaller. On preview the landscape images fill the screen fine, but on export they are much smaller - what have i done wrong?

As I said very new to this so please use idiot proof language! Many thanks :)

Amazing - instructions so clear even i can follow them! Link below to OneDrive. I'm using Videopad professional v7.02

Looking at the properties of the individual photos they are different aspect ratios - could that be it - and if so

1)why does it look ok in preview but not on export

2)how do i fix this

Thanks All :)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuaqvIKl7uAIlgC91w_WvHT_x0rf?e=CLWTyW

Hi Luba

Your project downloaded OK and looked OK in VP.here.  Export as an mp4  but select a 16:9 resolution e.g. 1920 x 1080. (Even 3840 x 2160 (4K)

The exported result looks fine. For future videos it's best to choose an export resolution that closely matches the original contents. Here is a screenshot from the 4K  mp4 export as seen in VLC...

aa.jpg

Re-setting the Resolution to Custom and then using 1616 x 1080 for the values.....the original size of this image the black border can be largely eliminated...

bb.jpg

Obviously different sized images will show various borders unless selections are made to stretch or crop/zoom which may not always give a good result. I know it's not always easy but its best to use consistent image sizes and AR for the project. Modern wide screen TVs are AR 16:9 (1.777) so try to get images of that AR. VP should then export with no borders (apart from portrait images) if 16:( options are selected or you use Match Content.

Using Wide screen TV setting as Borate recommends is fine ...it sets the export to a 16:9 AR like my top image

Nat