Delay issues

takis

As discussed  previously, I face delays in program's functionality.

Obviously there is something wrong,  but cannot find out what... I operate VP on an AMD FX-6350 6-Core cpu, clocked at 3.9GHZ.  My motherboard is an Asrock 990FX Extreme 3 with 8GB or RAM,  Patriot SSD disks. Video card is ASUS RX560 with 4GB of DDR5. This is a system above average, but still, I face severe delays in program's execution. I press PLAY/STOP on the video console and it starts/stops after 3 sec...  It is hard to work with the timeline as well and imposible to write subtitles, due to huge delays. Even exiting the software takes several seconds,  even minutes if you exit while playing the video project.  I do not have a problem with other applications, I run a benchmark that gives me good scores for everything. Following kind advice from the forum, I erased the cache directory (I have a whole empty disk for VP cache), but to no avail. I also fiddled with all available settings in the options menu, but nothing... Opening task manager, shows that VP consumes 32-50% of CPU, while doing nothing! Starting a task, like playing, editting ,invoking subtitles, etc  skyrockets CPU load at almost 100%. Initialy this problem was connected to big projects, but I have the impression that it got worse and now I have it in smaller projects too. I am currently working on a sample to submit to the NCH programmers, but was wondering if anybody has the same issues...

CPU and MEM, with software being idle:  https://ibb.co/XWB8dFM

Corresponding loads here...image.png

While playing a video (no effects or transitions) the numbers rise to 22% and 300Mb, with a GPU of 28%.  This does hint at a local system issue.

If you haven't done so already, try toggling the Hardware Acceleration item in OPTIONS|EDITING.

At the elevated command prompt, run chkdsk /f.  You might also run a memory test.  http://tinyurl.com/v9wjw3o

And test this version.

Again, if possible, please upload and share a portion of a project here as well as to NCH that demonstrates the hang.