Can't export video - processing sound clips

J-F

I have the latest version of video pad and windows 10.

I tried to do export my video on various formats, mp4, avi and it just gets stuck on processing sound clips for ever.

I've also tried to clear cache and to reinstall the program with no luck.

Any ideas?

THE best way to sort things out is to share your project.  It's not difficult.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Someone will check it out.

Select a 'chunk' that's a few minutes long...

Just below the timeline, swipe several minutes worth to select (highlight) that portion.

export.jpg

Then right-click within the selected area and EXPORT SELECTED REGION.

If that export still has the problem, upload and share it for analysis.

Test this Videopad version and see if it does any better.

any segment is "corrupted" and it says processing sound clip. I tried making a new project with a couple of videos and music from the original project and everything works fine when I export it. Is there any way to open 2 projects at once and just copy past the segments to the other project? I really don't feel like re-making the entire project...

Install this version of Videopad and see if there's any improvement.

You can import clips from another project, but that's not what you want.  Only one project can be opened at any one time.

Please upload and share one or two of those 'corrupted' segments that you've cut out.  That's how this might be tracked down.

Hi

While it  true that you cannot open two projects at once......There IS a way of adding a project to an already open project but ..

1. it means using a project that has a Placeholder in it.   Check out the use of Templates..:)
  2. Currently it has bugs and causes VP crashes :angry:
  3. Works in unexpected ways.....:wacko:......(Mixes up the projects...may be linked to placeholder size.)

I'll try it out a bit and see if there is a work around to add two simple projects together.... Don't hold out too much hope...:mellow:

Nat

Hi

Had a play with this....It's a compromise...e.g.  Using project 1 and project 2...

•  Load Project 1 to the timeline
  • With cursor at start  AddObjects/Add Placeholder
  • Add the Placeholder at cursor position.
  • Click Templates and Save the project as a template
  • Clear VP
  • Load Project 2
  • Save as Sequence 1 (Click the + that follows Sequence 1 X) This clears the timeline and creates Sequence 1 in the sequence bin.
  • Click the Templates tab and select the Template Project 1 It should open on the timeline with a blue Placeholder. If not then open it from the clip bin.
  • Open the Sequence bin and drag Sequence 1 (i.e. Project 1) to the placeholder and drop it.

You should now have Project 1 and Project 2 on the timeline. It's far from perfect as Project1 is a single sequence clip and I don't know how multiple tracks might work but at least it a way of combining 2 projects..

Nat

Thanks for all your help, I've tried everything you mentioned, even trying a different version of the program, the problem still persists. I can't even export a small clip of the project to show you. Trying to upload a portable version to google drive takes 24 hours (50GB + of data, and slow internet)

It's just shitty I wasted 80$ on the full version of this project, countless hours on this project that is now gone to waste.

There are other measures to be tried but they will take patience.  Folks here will do their best to help.  Worst case scenario, if you've purchased recently, is a refund.

Despite their large volume, if there is a possibility that all the source files can be zipped and uploaded to a server, then this may prove helpful.  Also needed would be the vpj file that is created when the project is saved in Videopad.  It likely is in the same folder as the source files.

What is the general resolution, size and format of those files?  What is the length of the project?

Let us know.

• 1 month later...

Full backward compatibility isn't always possible and it's wise to edit/export the project with the version - or a close version - to the one that created the project.

Old versions are here.

The best way to get help with your work is to share it.  This isn't difficult, and someone will be glad to check it out.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material you can link it in a personal message (PM) to me, via the envelope above.  Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

If the project simply won't load, owing to this issue, zip all the source files including the VPJ control file, and upload that folder to the server.

• 4 months later...

This is a long, old thread.  Best to start anew.  Specifically, what error - processing sound?

Have you stabilized any clips in the project?  What version of Videopad is in use?

Upload the project and someone will check it out.  Issues are usually solved quickly.  The process is not difficult, takes but a few minutes and can be private.

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to get a shareable link to post.