PROJECTS WITH A MENU

TREV

I have the Videopad software and have tried to put a number of projects together and exported. For example, created a project of clips, one for each month Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov. Each project has been exported and put onto a  (very quick process) usb stick. When I run the content on the laptop, smart tv, bluray, I have to start each one separately, they don't automatically play after each other. If I instead, put all of each months clips together on project, then export, the process takes a long time - for a 15 minute play the export takes around 40 minutes. Is there a way of putting the exported projects into say a menu whereby they auto play one after the other?

Assuming that these are video files, what you want may be a function of the player.

Here a number of files in various formats were copied to a USB folder that contained no other files.

In MPC-BE, on a PC, there's an option to play files in a folder in succession...and that's what it did.

Same result in the Samsung BluRay player when those videos' folder was selected for its All-Share play feature.

HI

This is a function of different players. Some will automatically play separate files from a USB, others will treat them as separate files.

VP exports a project as a single item (a video file) and they play back on a PC from a USB stick as single items. You have to run (open) each file individually. From an exporting point of view, a 15 minute project of all your files, exporting as a single file in 40 mins is not bad actually as the process is quite labor intensive. 

You could save them to a Video disc though .Assuming you have 4 individual projects (Files) (Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov) and you place them one after another on the timeline you could separate each one with a Bookmark.

• Step the red cursor to the join at the start of  each individual file.
  • Right click the dark grey band just above the video track and you will see a prompt to create a Bookmark.
  • Select the option......Set a colour and a title for the Bookmark.  VP will place a vertical dotted line of that colour at the cursor position.
  • Set a Bookmark at each start point.

Export the VP timeline as a DVD movie disc. You should pronpted if you wish to use the Bookmarks as Chapters. Accepting this option, the Bookmarks should then act as Chapters and be read by the player. (which vary in their ability to do this)  Use a re-writable disc to check things work as you want first. An alternative is to export each months file to your PC and then together into a burn program like  NCH Express Burn which lets you set up a menu for them..

Nat

9 minutes ago, borate said:

Assuming that these are video files, what you want may be a function of the player.

Here a number of files in various formats were copied to a USB folder that contained no other files.

In MPC-BE, on a PC, there's an option to play files in a folder in succession...and that's what it did.

Same result in the Samsung BluRay player when those videos' folder was selected for its All-Share play feature.

Thanks for information! I will try out your proposed approaches before I do much video prep, of which there are hours.

3 minutes ago, Nationalsolo said:

HI

This is a function of different players. Some will automatically play separate files from a USB, others will treat them as separate files.

VP exports a project as a single item (a video file) and they play back on a PC from a USB stick as single items. You have to run (open) each file individually. From an exporting point of view, a 15 minute project of all your files, exporting as a single file in 40 mins is not bad actually as the process is quite labor intensive. 

You could save them to a Video disc though .Assuming you have 4 individual projects (Files) (Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov) and you place them one after another on the timeline you could separate each one with a Bookmark.

• Step the red cursor to the join at the start of  each individual file.
  • Right click the dark grey band just above the video track and you will see a prompt to create a Bookmark.
  • Select the option......Set a colour and a title for the Bookmark.  VP will place a vertical dotted line of that colour at the cursor position.
  • Set a Bookmark at each start point.

Export the timeline as a DVD movie disc. The Bookmarks should then act as Chapters and be read by the player. (which vary in their ability to do this) An alternative is to export each months file to your PC and then burn individually to a disc using NCH Express Burn which lets you set up a menu.

Nat

Nat, thanks for your quality proposals. I will check them out before I go charging on composing my videos. Trev