line remain busy when caller hang up

rahi

Hello

I try to use this software (IVM Answering Attendant version 3.07) it's really good but I face a problem that prevent me to use it because it's a critical problem for me. I try to explain it now.

When I use a long message as greeting or playing a sound file etc and during it, the caller hang up the connection, software doesn't understand that the connection has finished and continues to playing the sound and the line will remain busy so next caller can't call until the end of playing. Imagine that the duration of the sound file is 30 minute or more, what will happen?

I know that we can use a key for example # for hanging up by caller but if caller doesn't press that, and suddenly hang up, again we will have the problem.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thank you very much

Hello,

same error here!!!

Maybe someone has a solution for this problem.

Thanks

Arthur

Hello

I try to use this software (IVM Answering Attendant  version 3.07) it's really good but I face a problem that prevent me to use it because it's a critical problem for me. I try to explain it now.

When I use a long message as greeting or playing a sound file etc and during it, the caller hang up the connection, software doesn't understand that the connection has finished and continues to playing the sound and the line will remain busy so next caller can't call until the end of playing. Imagine that the duration of the sound file is 30 minute or more, what will happen?

I know that we can use a key for example # for hanging up by caller but if caller doesn't press that, and suddenly hang up, again we will have the problem.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

Thank you very much

Hello, try this out:

open your "Settings" window, click on the "devices" tab and then click on the "Advanced VoIP Account Settings..." Button. Now you can check "Enable end-of-call-tone detection during playback".

This will work if your telephone system has an end-of-call-tone. It's the tone if you have a call with someone and the other side hangs-up and you hear the "beep-beep..." after hang-up!

Maybe this will help you! I can't try this out now, maybe someone can post here his result?

Arthur

• 11 months later...

h16h, I do not know the solution to your problem, but I do know that you happened to post in a topic that was pretty much exactly a year old (probably by accident). Hence you will probably not be able to get help from the people who posted in this topic. Just thought I should give you the heads up in case you're expecting a quick reply from them.