subtitles

tomer@ntsi.co.il

Hi

What version of VP are you using and have you changed recently?  Exported mp4 and avi here using VP 7.21 all carry the subtitles added during editing.

Open the subtitle screen and check each subtitle has a place  between the IN and OUT markers.

If you could create a small example where subtitles do not appear and then Save it as a portable project (from the File menu)  and then load it to Dropbox or similar someone will take a look.

Nat

Hi Nat, 

I download the - VideoPad Video Editor (Home Edition) yesterday. 

I made a video with subtitles - exported the video -word perfect. 

Then I wonted to do some changes so i upload the video i made, added some clips and more subtitles, I exported the new video - but I cant see the subtitles. 

I looked at the In and Out markers of each subtitle , all subtitles are between the In and Out markers. 

I tried to export Mp4 and Avi - same result. 

when I look at the video in the Video pad screen I can see the subtitles - but not when i export the video. 

what should i do? 

Regards, 

Hi

That sounds a bit odd.

OK..As I understand it...The first export (avi or mp4) was correct and the S/T were present.......So it's not the version you are using.

So,  one question is....Why, as it seems,  did you reload the Video you made?  If you wanted to add further clips or edit your S/T etc, you should have saved your project as a vpj file and then reloaded that.  

Here using VP 7.21 The Exports are complete and the vpj file reloads everything back correctly and added clips and more S/T export  as expected.  I can't find an error here.

Nevertheless, reloading an exported clip that already has  your S/T should not have made any difference as they would then have been part of the video. Any further S/T added to this video should have behaved in exactly the same way as adding S/T to any other clip. (i.e. like your first working export.)

Were the S/T visible in VP when you reloaded your first exported video? (They should have been as they presumably played in your external player)

As I said adding further clips and S/T to this should have made no difference.

I am afraid that hasn't helped but offhand I can't see where your error (if indeed you made an error) lies.  It could be someone else may come in on this.

Nat