15fps how?

Grey

Hi All,

Forgive me I am very new to video editing and need your help.  The rendering system that I use creates lots and lots of images assuming that they will be played back at 15fps. I presume that each image is a frame. How can I set the speed of the playback so that the video created from the images plays at 15fps?? When I play the video in the editor it runs very very slowly.

Sorry if this is a dumb question so be gentle.

Thanks

No dumb questions.

In the export box there is a FRAME RATE field.  Click the chevron to its right and test one of the 15fps options.

That doesn't determine playback speed though, it's frames per second.

The default duration of each still image is set under OPTIONS|MEDIA tab.

Sequence image length is changed manually by selecting image and specifying its duration in the box under the preview window... or by right-clicking|SET DURATION.

Hi

Not a dumb question. (Might be a dumb answer though.:)!)

OK I assume you are creating all these images to use in a Stop/Motion scenario and you want them to be played back at 15fps. The first thing to do then is to set your still image duration to 15 fps or 1/15 seconds = 0.066 seconds

This is done in Options/Media/Default still image duration

Load all your images to the image bin and use use Ctrl A to to place them onto the timeline. For a start you may not see Images on the timeline, only a series of very close vertical line but by zooming in they will become visible. It may take a little while to cache/render all the thumbnails. It depends on how many images you have and their resolution.

Assuming they have been added in order the time line will play back at 15 fps.

At export set the fps as Custom 15fps and tick Constant frame rate.

This should give you something near to what I think you want.

Nat