reusing edited images from one video to another

trwealth

I edit my YoutTube videos using VideoPad and I keep having to resize and edit images/text to overlay (logo, social media icons, URLs, copy etc) for every video. Is there any way to export the edited/scaled images from one video to another? Not sure how to do this, since I can't have two projects opened at the same time to drag and drop? 

Thanks in advance,

Josh

One approach (and likely there are better ways which others may share)...

Assemble the overlays only - no background - in the preview window, scaled and positioned as desired.

In the example below track one is the background image, track two is text, track three is the yellow .png button, track four is a high-contrast logo created by first keying out (green screen) the background, which was blue, leaving only the white clouds.

Right-click in the preview window and TAKE SNAPSHOT OF SEQUENCE.  It will appear in the bin area (top-left).

Clear the timeline, or open a new sequence by clicking the + sign on the sequence 1 tab above the timeline.

Place the snapshot on the timeline.  Apply the green-screen effect and use the eyedropper to key out the black background.

Right-click in preview and TAKE SNAPSHOT OF SEQUENCE.

Use that new clip to overlay future projects.

VP_overlay.jpg

Hi

You could create a Template from your images/text etc. This is like a .vpj file that can be added to any already open project.

• Open VP and create your template using your Clips Titles/Text and Images
  • Click the down chevron to the right of the Templates tab on the toolbar
  • Select the Save Project as Template option
  • You should now be able to select that template for any other project by clicking the Template tab and selecting the one you created.

This is a simple explanation but templates can be created that are themed with gaps that can be filled in for different projects having the same theme These require the use of placeholder clips. Check out more details ......

http://help.nchsoftware.com/help/en/videopad/win/templates.html?software=VideoPad&appname=VideoPad Video Editor&version=7.11&base=videopad&domain=nchsoftware&buyoffer=videopad&pclass=plus&rgst=1&svar=VIDEOPADSSQualonLLIBControlonVIDEOPADNoisereduceonVIDEOPADCustomoffVIDEOPADPlayoverlayonVIDEOPADTutorialTabonLLIBTtbhamtxtonVIDEOPADRecordingsbinoffVIDEOPADScrollearlyonLLIBAllowalloutputformatsonLLIBComplatest3off&antivirus=expired&instby=dl&iid=YwrL9DjTCAA&help=5&usage=042A07&usagestats=mft..wmv(1)&usechoice=trnd(3000)&days=29&runs=102

Nat