editing

SolaraAn-Ra

Hi, how do i set all photos on the timeline to the same duration?

Select (highlight) all the photos.  Right-click on one of them.  Click CHANGE DURATION.  Under the preview window, set the new duration.  <enter>

The default duration can be specified under OPTIONS|MEDIA.

And how to I set a default transition (including duration?)

Don't believe a default can be set, but the default duration is under OPTIONS|EDITING.

Why when i delete a photo does it delete a part of my sound track?

To protect an audio track, click the 'lock' at the left side of the track.  The track will then appear shaded.

Hi

how to I set a default transition (including duration?)

VP Professional v7.10

You can't set a default transition ........but once you have set a default duration for all your photos under Options/media  and a default duration for transitions under Options/Editing as Borate describes you can then place you photos on the timeline in the desired order. Now you can apply the same transition to all of themin one go.

• Place the cursor over the first photo. Press down the Ctrl key and the "A" key. together. All the photos will become selected.
  • Click the LARGE X tab labelled Transition  in the top toolbar. (Not the X between the clips on the timeline)
  • Select the transition required (e.g. Crossfade)
  • You will then get a message asking if you want to apply your selected transition to all the chosen clips or just one.
  • Choose  the Apply to All option
  • All the clips/images will get the same transition with the default duration.

Note that the transition will be evenly split between the photos so make sure you choose a duration for your photos that allow them to be seen for a short time before each transition starts. e.g. a 6 second image duration and a 4 second transition would leave only 2 seconds to see the clip before it dissolves into the next one.

Why when i delete a photo does it delete a part of my sound track?

It should not. If you have a separate soundtrack running under your images and you decide to delete one of the images above it you will not create a gap in the soundtrack, only in the image sequence. That gap can then be closed by right clicking it and selecting to Close the Gap. from the options that come up.

Nat