Adding Transitions to music videos

ClaireH

Hello

I am new to video pad. I manage a band and have put together some clips of video footage of a few songs that I have filmed live. So far so good but if I try to add a transition at the transition of each clip, it puts the audio out of sync with the video. Does anyone have any ideas please. I found a similar request but the fix didn't work for me which was going in to options I think and selecting freeze at the time of transition.

Many thanks.

Claire 

Hi

As Borate says there is a transition problem with the recent VP 7.05 which has been reported and is being looked at. In the meantime you could look at the following work-around for Crossfade (at least.)

• Place the first clip on Video track1
  • Place the next clip on Video track 2
  • Pull the clip on Video track 2 back over Clip one, creating an overlap of (say) 2 seconds.
  • Right click on Audio track 1 and select fade out. Fade out the sound by 2 seconds.
  • Right click on Audio track 2 and select Fade in. Fade in the sound by 2 seconds.
  • Click the f printed at the start of the clip on Video Track 2 and enter a a value of 2 seconds.

The Tracks should look like this...

aa.jpg

When played the clips will crossfade smoothly and the sound will do the same.

Inevitably using a transition will cause the clips to "Lose" time where the overlap occurs but provided the sound tracks remain linked to the video tracks they will remain in synch. 

Of course, in this case,  being separate clips  their tracks will not be continuous anyway unless they were shot on separate cameras at the same time. if that were the case you could then use a single uncut sound recording of the music with its video and place this  on Video track 1. The cut-away clips could then be placed on Video track 2, muted and with fade in and fade out each being matched    to the main sound track visually.

Nat