IPwebcam won't connect

Angelica Perduta

I use ipwebcam to turn my Android smartphone into a security camera, and I am interested in using eyeline to put multiple cameras online. However the demo version of eyeline cannot recognize the video stream even though my browser can. Has anyone else got it working with Android phone as security cameras?

edit: here is a screen shot of the live video feed displayed in Firefox (url confirmed in the address bar) and a the nch eyeline message box over the top telling me that the url is invalid: https://melahi.online/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/nch-connect.png

Edited by Angelica Perduta
added a screen shot that explains the problem

Hello,

Do you by any chance have a regular network camera you can try? Also, if you remove the part that says ¨/videofeed¨ and just add the IP and the port does the same thing happen? If the same thing happens and you try a regular network camera and it works then it is very probable that they are not compatible. 

If you want to double check on this I will recommend you create a ticket for NCH tech support and see if they have any other ideas you can try.

Good Luck!

23 hours ago, Fred28 said:

Hello,

Do you by any chance have a regular network camera you can try? Also, if you remove the part that says ¨/videofeed¨ and just add the IP and the port does the same thing happen? If the same thing happens and you try a regular network camera and it works then it is very probable that they are not compatible. 

If you want to double check on this I will recommend you create a ticket for NCH tech support and see if they have any other ideas you can try.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your suggestion.

I connected my SJCAM (action camera) with USB and that will connect to Eyeline.

Removing /videofeed from the Android phone path makes no difference:  Eyeline does not connect.

It may be worth mentioning that the Android phone running IPwebcam  does connect to NCH Debut v 4.09 whereas on Debut version 5.40 it connects and then disconnects after about 50 seconds. So  I've gone back to the old version of Debut (and may be asking for a refund on my Debut "upgrade" in due course.

• 4 years later...