Locking tracks

jwr

Hi

Works here too...

Video Track 1 is unlinked from Audio Track 1. Video Track 1 and Video Track 2 are then locked.

aa.jpg

Audio Track 1 remains independent and can be moved.

bb.jpg

Works with two tracks......One track......Sound unlinked...or video unlinked..Sound Track locked...or Video track locked......

Nat

I have video track 1 and audio track 1. When I click to lock one, they both lock and the same with unlock.

I don't know how to remove my question, since I no longer use Video Pad with the problems I have. I have installed Pinnacle 22 and love it.

• 1 year later...

Thanks. I didn't unlink the audio and followed instructions to "record over video"  (I have a video containing images and an video interview with dialogue on audio track 1) but after narrating, video clips in my video were disrupted. They moved about, leaving gaps between them. When I deleted the gaps, clips were deleted as the video became shorter. Can you tell me why this would happen and how to prevent it. Thanks.

In a test using version 8.45 with a linked multi-track project, none of what you describe occurred.

No video or audio track was disturbed.  No gaps.  Narration clips were automatically placed onto a new audio track at the timeline position where they were recorded .

You can lock tracks by right-clicking to their left and LOCK TRACK.