Clip speed not adjusting properly

ProjectFrenzy

I have been trying to speed up a clip however every time I drag that clip into the sequence it starts from the beginning of said clip all over again
I don't want to start from the beginning of the clip as the section I am speeding up starts halfway through. I have split it from the original clip and it works fine in the clip preview but refuses to work the same in sequence.

I have tried changing clip speed in sequence and before sequence and either way, still does not work. Changing the percentage does not work either, simply changes where the clip will start. It only starts where I want when the speed is unchanged. I have only had this bug since the most recent update

If your procedure is being followed accurately here, the problem isn't evident.  However, the developers are actively working on improving the speed effect.

Dropped the clip to the timeline.  Split it.  Sped up the latter half.  Only that half was affected.

Hi

VP 7.02   Can't find a problem here. Try this example....

Let's assume you have three clips on the timeline . (You may have more...🙂

• Right click the  centre clip and select Change Clip Speed
  • Note the duration of the clip at 100% .......Let's say it's  14 seconds
  • Set speed to 200% (twice as fast) Duration should now be 7 seconds.(Logical...takes half as long to play the clip now)
  • Click Set
  • Clip on the timeline will now be half its previous length with a duration of 7 seconds. Playing it shows it runs twice as fast.
  • Play the clip to the point where you want it to  actually start, or drag the red cursor line to this point.
  • Place the mouse pointer to the left end of the clip at the join and you should see a white bracket pointing to the right.
  • Grab this and drag it along to the red cursor line (It will jump into place). Release. The gap will automatically close as the clip is shortened.
  • The clip will retain its 200% speed but start at the designated point.  (This is what I believe you want to happen.)
  • You can also truncate the end of the clip in a similar way.

If this does not happen then it seems you have a glitch.

Nat

• 1 year later...

I am having a similar issue, Been trying to speed up a clip but ever time I try the video will just stop playing entirely, or will be stuck on one frame. Nothing I've tried seems to work, whether its attempting to speed it up before placing in timeline or after. different speeds nothing. 

What version of VP is being used?  Install the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If that doesn't help, please share the project and indicate which clip is to be sped up and by how much.  Sharing is easy, takes little time and is the best way to get help.

Just follow the PORTABLE PROJECT instructions here...      http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.