Effects

Jaydenzalez

I have a PNG image with a transparent background I want to animate. I have a background in track one (a swirling image) and when I put the png on top, its okay. It's only when I apply the effect that it removes the transparent background and replaces it with a black background, making you unable to see the swirling image I had under it. Help!

1 hour ago, borate said:

What, precisely, do you mean by "apply the effect?"

The background should be on track one.  The PNG is overlaid on track 2.  Under the preview window, confirm that the VIEW menu is set for CLIP AND BACKGROUND.

Click

So, I have the background in track 1, and the png is overlaid in track 2 like I SAID BEFORE

When the PNG is static, the transparent background remains.

When I add any effect (Motion, Shake, Transparency, Blur) The transparency goes away, and is replaced with a black background.

The video you linked is similar to what I'm trying to do, but just wont happen for me.

https://imgur.com/gallery/3B2yIJz

What version of Videopad?  Clear Unused Cache Files, under OPTIONS|DISK tab.  Install the latest video driver from the card or chip manufacturer's WEB site.

If you share the project someone will check it out.   Here's how...

1.  With the project on the timeline, click the FILE menu.  Then SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.  Save to any convenient folder.

2.  Open the folder that contains the saved files and ZIP them all.

3.  Upload the zip file to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.  It's free.

4.  Make the uploaded file public (share it) and copy the shared link.

5.  Paste the link into this forum.

Hi

Your background swirling clip is on Video track 1 and your .png  image with transparent background that you want to animate (add effects to) is on Video track 2. the overlay track. So far you have them on the correct tracks. before adding any movement effects to he image clip, check these points...

1. Both the video clip and the image clip should be one above the other.
  2. Put the red cursor line so it passes through both clips.and look at the Sequence Preview. You should see the background clip on track 1 behind the png image on track 2.
  3. Select Video track 2 and switch into Clip Preview. You should now see the png image with a black background
  4. Select Video track 1 (still in Clip Preview) and you should just see the background clip.

This is as it should be. Now click the FX button at the left end of Video track 2 and add an effect. e.g a rotation...

• Slide the cursor to the start and Select Motion
  • Set the first keyframe
  • Slide cursor to the end
  • Slide the Rotation slider to the right.

05lRyg.jpg

Play the timeline in Sequence Preview. Your image should rotate whilst the background clip plays.

Nat

5 minutes ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

Your background swirling clip is on Video track 1 and your .png  image with transparent background that you want to animate (add effects to) is on Video track 2. the overlay track. So far you have them on the correct tracks. before adding any movement effects to he image clip, check these points...

1. Both the video clip and the image clip should be one above the other.
  2. Put the red cursor line so it passes through both clips.and look at the Sequence Preview. You should see the background clip on track 1 behind the png image on track 2.
  3. Select Video track 2 and switch into Clip Preview. You should now see the png image with a black background
  4. Select Video track 1 (still in Clip Preview) and you should just see the background clip.

This is as it should be. Now click the FX button at the left end of Video track 2 and add an effect. e.g a rotation...

Nat

1. They are

2. It is but I dont see the background in the sequence menu

3. I see the PNG with the black background (but isn't it supposed to be the grey checkered transparent background?????)

4. I do

It's not as it should be

I already added the effects...

7 minutes ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

Just downloaded your project. Seems to play fine here....Intro music then swirly background with head jumping in and out.....

Sequence preview.......

05l3ex.jpg

Quite effective actually :)

Nat

Could it be the OS im running? I noticed yours looks like either windows 95 or windows 7 with the visual settings all off (I'm gonna assume windows 7)

I'm on windows 10, could that have anything to do with it?

Hi

" (I'm gonna assume windows 7) "

Wrong!   I am using  Windows Vista. :(  with Windows Classic colour setup. :)

"I'm on windows 10, could that have anything to do with it? "

From the point of view of the blue border colour-no that's just my PC setup.  VP runs OK on Windows 10 apparently though.

Above screenshot is VP 6.10  and its the normal colour scheme for this version.  (Previous versions of VP had a different colour scheme.)  All the same your video seems to run just fine on it..

Nat

In Windows 10 here there's nothing wrong with your project, save the very low volume music intro. ^_^

Upgrade the video driver, from the chip, card or manufacturer's WEB site.  May be unrelated, but worth doing.

In Videopad, under OPTIONS|EDITING tab, check the Use Hardware Accelerated Video Effects box or UNcheck if already checked.  Any difference?