How to switch between multiple recordings easy?

Ametz

Wen using multiple cameras for lets say an interview.

We make it simple, lets say i used an camera for these angels:

• Left
  • Center
  • Right

Plus a sound recorder device

Now in Videopad if i then add all videos from all 3 angels and sync them them all to the sound i also recorded.
How can i in the easiest way switch between all those 3 angels here and there?

I can't fins any good video on youtube if you have multiple "main" recordings that i want to switch between.

One (of several) methods would be to first stack the tracks, in sync.  Left = track 1, Center = track 2, Right = track 3.

Then use video splits for specific tracks to choose what is displayed.  Click the chevron to the right of the SPLIT button to see the many track-specific choices.

Keep in mind that higher tracks override video of lower tracks...

If track one is to be displayed, split out identical portions of tracks two and three, leaving a gap between the splits.

If track two is to be displayed, split out the desired segment of track three, leaving a gap.

If track three is to be displayed, don't split anything, as it will take precedence.

Hi

Another method but which leaves all the tracks intact and doesn't make any gaps.........

• Place the clips on the tracks as Borate says..e.g. Left on Track 1, Centre on Track 2 , Right on Track 3
  • Main sound on Sound track 4.
  • Synch all the tracks by listening to the audio or watching the visuals..
  • Mute the sound for Tracks 1, 2 and 3. Leave Audio Track 4 (main sound) alone.
  • Split all the Video tracks at start and end of each cutaway.
  • Select the unwanted sections of track and then using the Transparency effect set the OPACITY for these segments to 0%. This will leave the required section of video visible without losing any synch.  @@@

i.e. If you want just the section on Track1 to play, blank out (Opacity = 0%) the corresponding sections of Track 2 and Track 3.

On playing the sequence your video will  now cut from track to track showing only the sections you left untouched.

@@@   NOTE:  If you have a principle Video track (Right- for example) place this on Track 3 at the top as it will overplay the lower tracks which won't then need to be made trasparent.

Done quite a bit of this with my orchestra...

Nat

You can further streamline Nat's method by saving the zero transparency effect.

In the effects window toolbar, click on the "save as effects chain" folder icon (forth from the left) and name it ZERO.

Then scroll down and ZERO will be listed as an effect near the bottom, requiring but a single click to apply.