Sound not working after upgrade

vpolonski

After upgrading to V5.01, there is no sound on previous vpj files created.  When opening the project files, the following error displays "One or more sound clips on your sequence is still processing.  You will not hear these clips until processing finishes."  However the processing never ends.  I can hear the audio clip in the "clip preview" but when I play a "sequence preview" or a "preview" there is no sound just the error message.  If I start a new project and save it, everything works fine.   One suggestion was to clear the cache files but that did not correct the error.  I would appreciate any suggestions to resolve the problem?

Please try clear the cache. 

Open VideoPad without loading anything. Select Options > Disk > Clear Unused Cache Files.

Edit: Sorry didn't read you already tried clearing the cache.

What's the operating system are you using? And what was the error message?

Windows 10 32bit  Error msg: "One or more sound clips on your sequence is still processing.  You will not hear these clips until processing finishes."  I had the same issue when I upgraded to v4.58 in December. Thanks for any help.

Could you please make sure the cache files are cleared? Please have a look at the cache folder(C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Temp\VideoPadCache) and clear it if anything there. Note that VideoPadCache might not exist if there is no cache - that's fine.

I tried clearing the cache files, rebooting and confirmed it was empty.  Opened up Videopad and the cache folder stayed empty until I opened an existing project.   When I tried to "play" it, I received the same error message as before.  Any ideas?

Can you upload the project and its files to a server, so someone can examine it?

In Videopad, click the FILE menu.  Save a portable project.  Zip it if large and upload to Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive or the like and post a public link here.

6 hours ago, borate said:

Can you upload the project and its files to a server, so someone can examine it?

In Videopad, click the FILE menu.  Save a portable project.  Zip it if large and upload to Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive or the like and post a public link here.

@borate Thanks :)

@vpolonski Yes, please upload the project files as Borate said and we'll take a look.