Stereo, how can i see both audio channels in VideoPad?

Ametz

Ok i did a test and opened a file that has stereo (I just downloaded a random stereo file from

)

And this is the properties in VideoPad on that file:

stereo.png

And i can clearly hear that there is stereo on the downloaded file in VideoPad.

But on the VideoPad Video Editor i can only see one audio channel (Still hearing stereo in VideoPad).

stereo2.png

So how can i split up the 2 channels and edit each one ?

Hi

As far as I am aware VP will not edit in stereo sound.The track you see is presumably a mix of both channels although the stereo sound will be played and heard as you have seen.

VP will output the video with stereo sound though

You could use an external channel divider and load both channels as individual sound tracks after deleting the original track. and then you could edit them. However the output will then be a mix of tracks in mono.

Nat

Hi

"However the output will then be a mix of tracks in mono."

Just to check on what I said here re the output of split channels being in mono.........I was wrong! :o

I have split the channels in a test stereo clip from Youtube and saved them as LEFT and RIGHT .wav files.(They still played right and left sides so I was becoming doubtful regarding my statement). I reloaded the clip, muted the original track and then loaded the Left and Right channels wavs to Audio track 2 and Audio track 3.

You are correct Borate, the exported clip played OK in stereo. 🙂

Ametz now has his answer. He can split the channels (I actually used X-oom Music Clean to do this) reload them and edit them on separate tracks in VP.

Nat