Error msg on video export

SMichelsen

I have captured a 2 hour long video from Hi-8 tape to a 27GB .avi file, then edited it with videopad. Only made simple cuts. When I tried to export to an mp4 file, I got the error msg: "Failed to create your movie. Could not initialize video output". I have used these same settings on a similar file earlier with no problem.

How can I sort this out and get this exported?

It happens immediately. I am beginning to suspect a lack of room on my C drive. The original file exists on an external drive, and the mp4 I am trying to create is going to yet another drive, but the C drive, with the application installed, is full up. I will try to clean out the drive and see if I have a different result with my export.

OK, I have learned that videopad itself is quite a space hog in terms of cache files. I found a cache folder with 3.5GB of ile in it, wich were all created today. I attempted to delete them all, and had to keep 500MB worth as they were being used at that momenet. QUESTIONS: How to flush the cache periodically, and how to choose where the cache folder lives?

You can choose cache folder from Options->Disk->Cache.

You can also set a size limit such that VideoPad will clean up unused cache files when the limit is hit.

Other options also including clean up all caches on exit or remove all caches except the ones using by the current project.

Best Regards,