Video Clip Editing based on Audio portion

jamida

I'm a new (purchased!) user of video pad and I'm finding the user interface a bit counter-intuitive.

I am trying to precisely set in-out points for a clip I'm editing based on the AUDIO portion of the file. The video is a screen recording of a powerpoint presentation and the speaker bungled a bullet point, paused a bit and read it again. I'd like to cut out the bungled portion and the pause and pick up from the 2nd "take".

This is spectacularly easy if I can SEE the waveform of the accompanying audio, but when I'm setting in-out points on the clip I can not see the audio wave form. I have to believe this feature exists and that I'm just not finding the proper menu item to reveal it.

Note, I can see the waveform in sequence mode, but the clip in-out buttons are not available when I'm viewing the clip that way. So... it's really puzzling and very frustrating.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Mike

Here's one way...

On the audio sequence track, move the scrubber (red line) to the point where you want to begin the deletion and click the arrow to the right of the SPLIT icon. Choose to split ONLY the desired audio track.

Move the scrubber to the end point of the deletion and split that track once again. This creates a new clip - audio only, containing the material to be deleted.

Right-click on this clip in the audio sequence and DELETE. Now drop the new audio into the hole.

I see no way to view an audio wave-form while looking in the CLIP PREVIEW. How do I find the audio sequence you mention above in the CLIP portion? Note, I do know how to do that in the SEQUENCE PREVIEW, but the sequence preview only allows me to split and not set in-out points, and doing this on the sequence helps a lot, but all the time... sometime it's more desireable to do it on the clip preview.

so if it's unlinked from the video, will the in-out point ALSO apply to the corresponding video too? Or... will they be separate because the audio has been unlinked?

And, BTW, thanks so much for the speedy responses on this thread!

Yea, but I want BOTH ... I just want to be able to set in-out points based on the audio track (it's easier to see where the audio gets quiet that way). For example, below is a screen shot of the clip preview that shows both the active frame and a film-strip-like sequence of all the frames.

Capture.JPG

What I'd like is if the red-circled area could be switched out to show the associated audio track.

Is there anyway to do that?

Far as I know, no.

But the timeline audio track can be expanded vertically (place the pointer on the separation between the video and audio tracks and drag) or horizontally (bottom-right of the window - drag the horizontal slider).

Use the SPLIT button, to create a new clip, as outlined earlier.

Jamida,

just out of experience: if you make a video of webinar do not try to edit it in one piece.

For example, if you have 2 hour webinar. Cut it in small pieces of 2-3 minutes and edit them separatelly.

When you are done you can easiely to glue them up.

This trick allow you to finish your job in 5 times faster!!!

I know it from experience!!

I do know how to do that in the SEQUENCE PREVIEW, but the sequence preview only allows me to split and not set in-out points, and doing this on the sequence helps a lot

Dragging the clip edge (left or right) in Sequence Timeline is equivalent to setting the in/out put in Clip Preview:

w2ex0h06ue.jpg