Auto rotation of JPG images

Dwubyd

Hi,

I am importing JPG images that have been shot in portrait format. Videopad automatically rotates them into landscape format so my subject is sideways!

Can I prevent it auto rotating the images or is the only solution to apply a Video Effect?

Thanks in advance...

The rotation came from the image file. You should see the orientation of the images are same as in Windows Explorer.

I've found Windows Photo Viewer is handy for rotating images. You can use it to rotate the images before import them into VideoPad.

The rotation came from the image file. You should see the orientation of the images are same as in Windows Explorer.

I've found Windows Photo Viewer is handy for rotating images. You can use it to rotate the images before import them into VideoPad.

I have tried looking at the .jpg files in Windows Explorer using the preview pane and they are in portrait orientation, but they change to landscape when I put them into Videopad.

Hi

Videopad is not actually rotating your images. If you have taken either images or video with the camera in portrait orientation then VP will display them in the normal way ... as though the camera was horizontal...it doesn't know. Consequently they will appear rotated...(as your camera was rotated).

Display programs won't know either that photos were taken with the camera on its side and so will also display in landscape orientation as when viewed with Windows explorer, However, you can rotate them to the correct orientation with the Windows viewer by clicking the right/left rotation arrows which appear at the bottom of the display window next to the delete red cross. Note these do not appear if you are in slideshow mode.

Clicking the respective arrow will rotate the displayed image to the selected orientation...portrait in this case.

Note that adding the portrait orientated images to VP will now show the correct orientation of the image but fitted into the height of the video frame. As the aspect ration is not 16:9 it will leave areas to each side that will appear as black bars in the finished video. If you don't want these to appear you will have to zoom the image forcing the 16:9 AR and consequently losing some of the areas at the top or bottom of the image.

If you have filmed in portrait orientation then you should rotate the imported clip 180 deg within VP and then think about zooming to remove the side bars.

Nat