How to hear sound during managing video effects

daorus

I have screen capture videofile without sound

And I have sound file with speaking voice

I want make zoom animation to produce cool looking according to what sound says (it is videofile about how to use software)

But when I am in video effects dialog I hear no sound

Whem I am in timeline mode, everything is ok

When I am in video effects dialog there is Sound scale with db which means that somehow sound can be played in this dialog.

How I can make Videopad play sound which is on my timeline, but which were recorded separatelly??

Hi

If you have just a silent video clip on track 1 and a separate sound clip on the soundtrack 1, the sequence will play normally but the sound will not be heard if you are adding an effect to the video clip and monitoring the clip in the effects window as you have found. This is a nuisance. Even transferring what you have as a sequence (which clears both tracks) and then reloading it does not help as the separate sound track does not load back. Again, I think this is a fault.

One obvious way to link the tracks is to export your sequence and then reload it when the sound will then be attached.

However..

What you need to do is add a short normal video clip (with sound) to the the sequence line immediately after the silent video clip. Now when you open the effects window for the silent video clip, the accompanying separate sound track will play. A bit odd perhaps but it does work.

Nat

One obvious way to link the tracks is to export your sequence and then reload it when the sound will then be attached.

Nat

Nat, thank you for your explanation.

To solve this problem I mix (glue up) video and sound before putting it to VideoPad.

I glue them up in VirtualDub using Direct Strem Copy mode

Using VitualDub it takes 4 seconds to glue up video 1280*1024 and sound for 3:00 (3 minutes)

But exporting this via VideoPad takes 80-90% of time (3 minutes of product takes about 2:20 to export)

It is not very convininent, but anyway It is a working solution and we gonna use this way.

PS. As you know there is a feature Unlink sound or Link sound.

I just do not understand why this feature does not work for video and sound files of the same length?? Why this feature works for video and sound pair which was glued up together before import into VirtualDub.

I feel that if Link audio was working with ANY pair of video and sound of the EQUAL length, we do not need to glue up them before importing.