Version 3.58 and added clips going to track 2 instead of track 1

Nationalsolo

Hi

I have just been editing a 10 min video comprising some 30 or so 1280 x 720 MPEG4 clips.

This latest version seems to be working very well and I haven't found any problems so far. Even the speed of thumbnail generation etc. is reasonable.

However, can anyone explain why, when I add a clip to the end of the sequence line using the prompt menu (the options relating to the position to add clips are set to "Ask me") it has started to add the clip in question to the end of the sequence but on video track 2 when earlier it had added them to the end of the main sequence line?

As I don't always use track 2 and transitions between tracks don't work correctly, I have to now drag the added clip down to track 1 each time.

A minor niggle probably, but I just wondered if anybody has noticed the same thing or knew why.

Nat

Unable to dupe your results, Nat. Added clips always appended to the main track.

However, I did notice an oddity during the test...

I reloaded a project that had a single AVI clip, then instructed VP to add the same clip the sequence end.

It did, but the first eight seconds or so were missing. Added it to the sequence start. Same.

I cleared the timeline, and dragged the clip to track one. First 8 missing again. No way would it use the

full clip previously saved in this one-clip sequence. Didn't occur in another sequence w/different clips.

Hi Borate

Finished the video and the remaining clips loaded OK to the end of main track. as required. so don't know why some went to track 2 earlier. Just odd. :mellow:

I have another three video projects to do, so I will look out for anything odd happening. I have to say that this version seems a lot better than the earlier 3.xxx versions. Not fast on my system but certainly usable now.

I have just created an avi. , loaded back it into VP and created a project.........

Loaded the project and added the avi to it from the media list using the menu, both to start and finish. It all worked OK with nothing missing....

Nat