CANT SAVE MY PROJECT

jonjob

I was half way through my project on videopad when I tried to save it it came up with a box saying this is a trial demo version buy the program to be able to use this feature.

This was without warning and I've done loads tot he project since I saved it last - I'm now left with an unsaed file and can;t save it without buying the program. I wouldn;t mind if I was warned about this before I started the work, but there was no warning.

How can I save my project as I've put in hours of work on it and don't want to lose it

Thanks

John

Hi

Are you trying to save your project as a .vpj file (VP Project file), or are you trying to export it? You don't make this clear.

Even if the message you report has come up, using the "Save Project File" option should not be blocked as it is a feature of all the VP versions, unlicenced or otherwise. The message suggests you may be trying to Export your work.

Exporting your work as a completed file ( e.g. .mpeg etc) may now be disabled as the trial period appears to have ended.

I would suggest that you save your work as the .vpj file and then default to the demo version of VP (I think you get the option to downgrade to this version if you cancel the option to purchase.)..or if this doeesn't work you could uninstall your current version and download the latest 3.29 version from the NCH site (keep the setup.exe file) and once opened you can reload the .vpj project file and continue to edit. However as this would be the unlicenced version your export options would be reduced.

Nat