Videopad configuration

flier4

I am using Video pad version 2.4 as the newer versions did away with good features. The problem with 2.4 is the clip screen is very small and hard to work with. How do you reduce the size of say the sound bar to expand the clip screen? I tried the normal hover the mouse and drag but that does not work. Any suggestions?

Hi

In version 2.41 the size of the clip preview screen and the sequence preview screen can't be altered. (Unlike with the versions 3.xx where there is a group of small dots that will allow you drag thescreen to different sizes.)

In a similarly the height of the soundtrack or video track can't be altered in 2.41 either. In the later versions you can expand or contract the tracks.

Nat

I am very new to all this and have a simple question?

On Video Pad :When i play a movie from Youtube or have a movie in my hard drive and want to watch it and the spoken language for example is Turkish and want to translate it to Arabic (Subtitles) so to explain myself is to watch it in any language and read the subtitles in Arabic or any other language. Can i do it direct while watching or have to download the movie to the Video Pad and it will translate it for me and then i will be able to watch it.

Regards

sam

Hi

Although Video pad will load and play video (avi, mpg, clips etc., it is not actually designed for this purpose. Its intended use is for video editing and as such must be able to load and play video files.

If any subtitles that are present in the video file they will appear on the preview screen but only as part of the recorded image. The text in this case cannot be changed or altered, nor can VP translate it. (It can be cropped off though.)

As a video clip editing program, you can use Videopad to add text and subtitles to a video once it has loaded. As far as Arabic or Turkish text goes though, the addition of subtitles etc. by the user in these languages would depend on whether the character set (the font) was available on the PC concerned and whether VP could incorporate it.

Some fonts can only be used if a laborious copy/paste action is employed and sizing this may not work.

In short VideoPad is a editor..not a video player.

Nat

Hi

There is no need to download a special player. Widows Media Player will play your DVDs. and other Video clips

The subtitles, however, are part of the DVD ...the soundtrack is not translated into subtitles by the player. If the DVD has been dubbed into several languages and has several subtitle tracks, these can be played in any combination by the player, and you can configure how you want the player to run the DVD by setting up the options given in the Main DVD Menu . For example, I have a copy of "Das Boot", the German Submarine film. This is dubbed into three languages and has seven subtitle options. I can listen to it in French and read the subtitles in Danish, but only because they are on the DVD in the first place.

If your film has a Turkish soundtrack and you want Arabic subtitles, then those subtitles have to be present on the DVD beforehand.

If the DVD has no subtitles and only one language....That's all you get.

Nat

Here is my exact thing.If you go to Youtube and in the search bar type KARADAYI how can you watch it with subtitles in arabic?

I have a site that translates it how they do not want to tell me to Arabic and then I watch it thereat is called ask.TV

How or what they do that they can broadcast it in Arabic subtitles on the internet?

The other thing do i have to download it to my computer and then watch it in Window media player.I am using an iMac computer all my computers are Apple.

Best Regards

Sam

Hi

"Here is my exact thing.If you go to Youtube and in the search bar type KARADAYI how can you watch it with subtitles in arabic?"

Unless the video put onto UTube has subtitles added to it already, you can't. As far as I can see, the videos posted to UTube for this series do not have subtitles, but I didn't look through them all. I presume that the AskTV site are providing a version of KARADAYI that has had subtitles added in Arabic or has been dubbed into Arabic, and I presume this is the version you have been watching.

It may be possible that you can download this subtitled version to your computer but I don't know. On a Widows PC you can certainly download from UTube using several free programs like YTD and there may be something similar available for the Mac....(No idea though)....but whether these will work from a different site like AskTV is another matter.

As regards playing DVDs on your Mac if you don't have a DVD player installed already, you can download a Mac version of the VLC player I believe.

Nat

Yes ASK TV has it translated .What i need to know how you translate and put the subtitles in a movie? What software does it so i buy it.

ASK TV are arabs and they do not know any Turkish to translate the series what they do they use a software where they run the Movie or Episode in Turkish get subtitles in Arabic Thats what i need help with i need to know where to but this software and what is it called? I have the VLP and it doesn't convert it to Arabic.I have Quick Media Player that comes installed on Mac and i have Youtube where i watch direct movies on it.

The other thing i just bought for my iPad air the Media Player HD but it doesn't do anything when i try to rub something from Youtube it says Youtube is blocked I am trying to see why.

Regards

Sam

Why new topic,I am trying to be clear and let you all understand what i am looking for? and if you read all the posts i have you will understand what i am asking and need help with.

Looks like NAT is the only one who knows what i am talking about?

I can go in to preferences and configure my VideoPad but what i am asking is if I can play a movie or episode on Youtube and get to read the subtitles in Arabic,They do not exist in arabic there ,But my question was how the Theaters have subtitles and how many sites like ASK.TV and Bokra.com and others do there translation on MC ? This what i need to know so i can watch and do it myself cause some episodes ASK.TV had stopped translating so they only work in Turkish so i need to know how to do it and have the subtitle in Arabic.Or English or any other language.

Best Regards

Sam