Credits Not Visible

yonargi1

My documentary is finally finished, except when I put the two extra parts on the end, the last thing that appears is the credits. When I had it in three parts, the credits rolled up, the music played. But now that it is finished, the credits are on the end, the music plays but the credits don't appear. They are below the timeline in the script that [is supposed to] roll up, but they do not appear in the timeline.

How do I fix this?

Hi

I think there may be a bug in the 3.xx versions of VP when it comes to scrolling text. I have found that fixed text seems to be OK but when the settings are set to scroll they don't always appear. To check this might be happening set the cursor line to a point in the centre of the "scroll" where the scrolling text is assumed to be central and then click the text box under the main sequence line. It should then be seen on the video preview on the right and also in the clip preview on the left.

When I have tried this the clip preview has just been all chequered with no text visible and with no text against the video on the right and not in the thumbnails either.

If you are getting this then go into the text settings and reset the prompt to "no scroll" and see if the text reappears.

I commented on this some time agao but other users have found it works OK and others found what I found although I then found it didn't always happen!

If, on the other hand you have your text scrolling over an image that you have placed on the sequence line, and that image is the last thing on the sequence then the 3.xx versions won't render that final image which is another bug. Your credits will not then be on the rendered video. If THIS is the case then you will need to add another image after the credit frame e.g. a blank black frame. or even two! The last one won't render in the output avi but you will then have your credits.

I can't get around or find out why the scrolling text is not appearing but it doesn't always happen which is more frustrating.

Nat

Hi

"If, on the other hand you have your text scrolling over an image that you have placed on the sequence line, and that image is the last thing on the sequence then the 3.xx versions won't render that final image which is another bug."

It seems that version 3.10 does not have this problem although 3.11 and 3.12 do. :mellow:

Nat