COPYING A GROUP OF NOTES

casehi

Dear friends, I'm new a this.

I don't know how to call the group of notes between two bars. I'll call it GROUP OF NOTES. (I've looked it up but can't find the proper word)

Here goes my question: How can I do to copy a GROUP OF NOTES and insert it in another place.

I've tried everything: CTRL C then CTRL V.

When I select a GROUP OF NOTES I find that the program selects vertically to the bottom.

Can you please help me

Best regards

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Copying and pasting is a bit awkward for the moment. All you can do is copy/paste the whole bar(s) with all staffs.

I think Crescendo will be improved over time.

Best regards

Sam

OK Sam. Many thanks for your quick replay. It's a pitty but I'll be waiting to the solution. Carlos

• 6 years later...

But, how?  (I can't find a way to copy and paste *at all*). 

(If anyone with the same issue as Carlos checks this thread) - if it is the whole group of notes between bars, it is called a measure.  If there is a word for smaller groups of notes (like a section of a sentence would be called a "phrase" or something like that), I don't know of one (although it seems like there should be!)  Would be interested to know if there is something like that. 

Copy/paste can be done at the bar level, which means you can copy whole bars (including their notes), but not individual notes. To copy a bar, first select it by clicking within its staff. You should see it change color. You can select more than one by holding down the shift key as you click. Cut or copy with Ctrl+X or Ctrl-C, then select a different bar to paste into. Pasting will replace the contents of the selected bar, so if you don't want to erase anything make sure you paste into an empty bar (use Insert Bar or the bar line tool to make an empty bar).