Transferring video project files

thepricefairy

Hi! I'm pretty new to this, but have been editing simple videos at work fairly successfully. I recently had the bright idea of bringing files home to continue editing various video clips. So far I've been unable to import project files in progress into the identical VideoPad software I have on my PC at home. What am I doing wrong? All of the various pieces are there, but none of the editing. I don't want to start over just to work from home. I bet it's something dumb!

Hi! I'm pretty new to this, but have been editing simple videos at work fairly successfully. I recently had the bright idea of bringing files home to continue editing various video clips. So far I've been unable to import project files in progress into the identical VideoPad software I have on my PC at home. What am I doing wrong? All of the various pieces are there, but none of the editing.

See the HELP file.

Click the ? mark at the top right of the screen, then click on PROJECTS|CONCEPTS. That info and the links it contains will guide you.

The .vpj project file ... and the project files that it references must all be saved and accessible on the other PC.

Hi

"The .vpj project file ... and the project files that it references must all be saved and accessible on the other PC."

Not only that...."accessible" means they should also be placed in the same named location and have the same file path as on the original computer. If not you may have to spend some time relocating them.

Nat

Hi

"The .vpj project file ... and the project files that it references must all be saved and accessible on the other PC."

Not only that...."accessible" means they should also be placed in the same named location and have the same file path as on the original computer.

In retrospect I see that when "backup project files to a folder" is used, an "untitled.vpj" file is created in addition to saving the project's files. All the pieces are in the same user-specified folder.

So there is no need to "save project.file." The .vpi can be renamed, and double-clicked to restore the project.

Thank you both for quick replies. I may have an older version of videopad(2.6) that doesn't have the projects/concepts referenced; at any rate I couldn't find it. I have tried renaming folders and files, and sharing them thru' Drop Box and also a thumb drive. I can find all of the pieces in the "back up files to folder", but none of the editing work already done. I am still getting error message "this version of the project is unsupported. Any other ideas??? My laptop isn't powerful enough to take over this transport problem, so at least for now, should I give up working from home? I'd hate to because when this works properly it is really FUN!