Run multiple instances of VideoPad in my Windows session

Eric_49

Hello*,

I use VideoPad several years and I'm really happy with the work I can do with this software.

But now I'm at a really important problem of productivity.

I should be able to run multiple instances of VideoPad in my Windows session (VideoPad open multiple sessions at the same time).

Indeed, when VideoPad makes editing the video (by Save Movie), I can no longer work on the videos! I want to continue to work on other VideoPad simultaneously.

Could you please answer my question emergency? Thank you.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Regards

Eric

* PS Excuse me for my English. Could you answer me by small simple sentences? Thank you.

Hi Eric

There is no problem with editing several projects but not all at the same time. As far as I am away only one VP program can run at a time.

As you work on a film you can save it as a project at any point. This is a .vpj file. e.g. FILM_1.vpj

You can then start work (or continue to work) on a different film and save this as a project also (another .vpj file but with a different name. .eg. FILM_2.vpj

You can have several (many) projects saved on your PC. in this way.

The files for all of the projects will be saved in the videopad cache folder.(which can become quite large :unsure: )

You can open ANY of the projects at any time and continue to work on it. (Save it when you end a work session though!) You cant open 2 projects at the same time.

NOTE:- Saving your file using "Save Movie" saves your work AS A FILM.....e.g., .avi .....a completed item. It is not a project.

The project files (the .vpj files) are NOT films. They are the instructions that VP uses to get you back to your last editing place.

When you have finished editing then save your movie.

Hope this helps

Nat

The files for all of the projects will be saved in the videopad cache folder.(which can become quite large :unsure: ).

Just to be clear, .VPJ files seem to prefer being saved to the user|VIDEO directory (folder). The files used in those projects are in the large cache: USER|APP DATA|LOCAL|TEMP|VIDEOPADCACHE.

I have observed that requests to open a project VP usually look in the VIDEO directory, but at times it's been user|DOCUMENTS|MY DOCUMENTS|VP PROJECTS instead, where logically one would think projects should be stored. There appears to be no option to specify the save directory (folder).

Hi

*The files for all of the projects will be saved in the videopad cache folder.*

Sorry...What I meant to say was "All the files that are used in the different projects" :) I didn't mean the .vpj files.

The .vpj file(s) can be saved anywhere you like if you use the "Save Project File As" option from the File tab.

Enter a suitable name and then click the button at the bottom left of the "Save Project as " window.

(As I use a French version of Vista this button is labelled "Parcourrir les dossiers" which, in English would be something like "Run through the files". Standard Windows fare that enables you to save the file anywhere.

I just use a desktop folder called "Projects".

After any editing, using just the "Save Project File" option simply overwrites the .vpj file with the changes keeping the name the same.

(I'm sure you'll know all that already.......but I thought I would mention it. :rolleyes:)

Also, if you do a search for the vpcache file you can drag drop that on the desktop where it's easy to refer to If you feel the need or make a shortcut to it. It's quite interesting to see how that buils up.

Nat

The .vpj file(s) can be saved anywhere you like if you use the "Save Project File As" option from the File tab.

Enter a suitable name and then click the button at the bottom left of the "Save Project as " window.

Absolutely. I should have said that there's no place to specify a default save directory. Merci.