How to place subtitles

hamichel

Hi

In version 2.41

Although there is a subtitles option I prefer to add any text using the overlay track as follows. It's easier to adjust and more intuative to use.

Click the green cross at the left end of the overlay track and enter your subtitle text into the window that appears. Click OK. The text will appear in a box on the overlay track at the cursor line position and also appear in the preview pane on the right so you can see how it looks.

Make sure you have the media list on the screen and then Right click the overlay text box. It will display in the left hand preview pane along with all the controls.

You can change the text if required and adjust the position with the matrix of arrow. By default it will be centre bottom of the screen. You can have it fading in/out. Alter the font, letter size and colour.

By dragging the text box along the sequence line you can adjust where it appears in the film and by dragging out the ends of the box you can alter the duration of the text and even scroll it. As subtitles, you can have two lines of text without intruding into the image too much.

If you use the subtitle option you have to enter the start and finish times, ot the start and duration times which I find a bit fiddly.

In 3.04

Click the "Subtitle" tab

Enter your first subtitle text into the lower box and press Enter

The colour ,size and font, position etc, can be set at the right of the window.

The preview of the clip will show in the subtitles pane and the subtitle will appear in the selected position, font size and colour.

Use the red and blue IN/OUT markers to set the the display positions for your text.

It's pretty much the same as adding text as I have outlined for 2.41.

Add further subtitles using the Green cross in the tool bar. This will clear the text box.

Nat

Nat

Dear Nat,

thank you very much for the immediate reply.

In fact, I also prefer the overlay-funktion to add text.

Results of subtiteling are unimportant anyway and the only way to insert them is what you described.

I only looked for an easier possibility to do.

Thank you once more

and kind greetings

Heinrich