Creating Menus

Johnat

New to videopad but I think I understand the process as to what the application is about.

My question is h

- Can I produce a menu from within videopad to make it that a viewer can select sequence1 or sequence 2 from the startup image first presented on a DVD.

example dvd opens and presents a screen with 2 options for the viewer to pick.

1 - movie episode 1

2 - Movie episode 2

Similar to chapters on a commercial DVD

Thanks

Can I produce a menu from within videopad to make it that a viewer can select sequence1 or sequence 2 from the startup image first presented on a DVD?

This, from the NCH FAQ...

"Can I create a menu on the video DVD?

VideoPad does not yet support Menu creation on its DVDs.

However, Express Burn disc burning software does support menu creation, and even includes templates to help you design the menu that's best for your movie."

Thanks Nat for the link. I will give it a try.

Sticking with videopad just for the minute, How can I burn 2 episodes (55mins each) to one dvd using videopad.

I could reduce the size of each in another program to 720 X 405 and 2 woudl fit on a single DVD.

Cant get my head around bookmarks and chapters, if that is where menus are created in Express burn.

John

Hi

If you intend to use VP for creating a DVD with both episodes, bearing in mind you can't create menus, then simply put a bookmark between them. Just click the top of the cursor line and "Set bookmark" (2.41)

For example, If you have two videos, put them both on the sequence line then separate each with a blank frame of a few seconds duration. That is to say have an ending for the first video and a opening for the second video with a length of blank frame between them.

Put the book mark at the start of the blank frame, but no other bookmarks.(You could put one at the start if you wish but it's not strictly necessary).

Although you won't have any menus on the DVD created via VP, and in effect you will have one long video on the disc, you can step from one film to the other using the sequence (chapter) controls on the DVD player, as the bookmarks act as chapters and are recognised by the skip function of the player.

This is the best you can have using VP. (provided you can get both on the disc.) :)

Nat