Inserting images

ArnoldS

Hi,

my video has 2 sceens. I'd like to insert a blank clip between the sceens. How do I do that?

I have tried different ways, but the result was that the blank clip just overlaid a part of the video and the duration of the video was not changed, this was the problem. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have the 3.04 version.

My video has 2 scenes. I'd like to insert a blank clip between the scenes.

Place the scrubber (the red marker line) at the spot you want the insert to be.

Left-click the ADD BLANK CLIP button, then click ADD. The clip appears in the preview window.

Click the green arrow below the preview window. Choose "place on sequence at cursor." Click ADD.

I have just found a solution, but it is a little bit awkward.

If I want to have like 5 images between 6 sceens, I have to place my video 6 times on the storyboard, then place my images between the clips on the storyboard and then on the timeline cut out everything except the sceens, the next sceen on the next clip. It is a long way around, of course.

Hi

To INSERT images

Place your main video on video track 1.

Move the red cursor line to where you want the first image to appear.

Click the scissor icon under the right hand preview pane, (split the track).

Drag and drop your first image onto the main video track where the split is. Your image will INSERT into the main video.

Repeat for the remaining images.

Note that with this method, your video will play completely but with gaps in both sound and visuals where you have inserted your images. (i.e. The overall duration will be increased by the duration you have set for the images.)

If you want the images to OVERLAY the main track then follow Borate's outline or simply add them to video track 2(drag and drop is easiest) and then move them along to the place you want them to appear. This way they will play as CUTAWAYS and not inserts. i.e your video will stay the same length. As images are not usually associated with any sound, there will be no gaps in the soundtrack.

Nat

Thanks, Nationalsolo. Unfortunately, if I do that, I get this result: http://tinypic.com/r/5b3g5f/5. It is just an overlay.

However, if I split the video and then insert the image on the storyboard (http://tinypic.com/r/vi1zjl/5), it does work and the result is this: http://tinypic.com/r/ekrxwp/5.

It appears that the only way to achieve an accurate video AND audio blank clip insert while in timeline mode is to first split the clip, add the blank at the split, and then drag the audio clip to the right to match the video out point.

Easier in storyboard mode.

The problem is that in timeline mode the image only coveres a part of the video, it can not be really inserted between the sceens even after the video has been split. Maybe it works with older versions, I do not know, I have the 3.04.

The problem is that in timeline mode the image only covers a part of the video, it can not be really inserted between the scenes even after the video has been split.

Appears to be so.

In 3.04 if you want to use timeline mode first split, then select BOTH audio and video tracks. Left-click within those tracks and drag them W-A-Y-Y to the right.

Now insert your blank clip at the cursor (the end of the earlier clip).

Again select both tracks that were dragged and drag them left to line up with the end of the blank clip.