video not showing in clip preview

LSwing

New to VideoPad. Winxp

I've tried to load several different formats of videos and none will show in clip preview or anywhere else. Audio shows up in the Audio track and plays fine. All I get in the Video track, Clip preview and Ses. preview is a black screen and green line. Normally this mean codex problem but not sure with this software.

suggestions please,

New to VideoPad. Winxp

I've tried to load several different formats of videos and none will show in clip preview or anywhere else. Audio shows up in the Audio track and plays fine. All I get in the Video track, Clip preview and Ses. preview is a black screen and green line.

Your system specs?

Download and install the latest video driver from the chip or card manufacturer's WEBsite

Install the latest Videopad version from http://www.nchsoftwa...opad/index.html

WinXP (sp3), AMD Sempron 2600+, 2 gig RAM, nvidia geforce fx 5700 (driver is 6.14.11.7519 2008)(175.19)

Just d/l Videopad last week so I'm assuming latest version also went to nvidia.com and have latest driver for video card...

tnx,

WinXP (sp3), AMD Sempron 2600+, 2 gig RAM, nvidia geforce fx 5700 (driver is 6.14.11.7519 2008)(175.19)

Just d/l Videopad last week so I'm assuming latest version also went to nvidia.com and have latest driver for video card.

Can't say with certainty that the vintage/capabilities of your PC are causing the problem, but you might be better served by VP version 2.41. It's available here. Worth a try.

"You could also load the K-lite codec pack if you haven't already done so.."

I d/l K-Lite _codex_Pack_700_Standard.exe over a year ago.

"----but you might be better served by VP version 2.41. "

Will d/l 2.41 and see if that helps.

tnx guys,

Hi

Just been given a wmv file to review from a USB key. This only played the sound, both in WMP, VLC and VP. In VP there was just the soundtrack and a blank black screen. So I decided to convert it to an MPEG2 using "Any video converter"

This revealed it to be a WVP2 800 x 600 1000fps video. The converter easily produced an MPEG2 800 x 600 25 fps conversion which played in all three programs with no problem. So possibly worth trying...

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Nat

Thanks to all for your comment/suggestions. What seems to have worked is I uninstalled the lastest version and d/l 2.41 and so far it's working with .wmv files at least. Will try other formats later today.