3.04 goes nuts!

Dougie

3.04 (the release-not the beta) has some nicely improved features as I mentioned here before. But I just discovered that if you make a video over 5 or 6 minutes long (approximately) it looses all control and just plays the video over and over with all controls greyed out. You have to kill the program to stop it. I thought this might just be a one time glitch, but turns out that it does this all the time. It's okay for shorter videos.

Never had this problem with other versions. So is anyone else experiencing this? And does anyone have any idea what's up? Thanks!

Hi Dougie

Just shot 34 MPEG4 clips this afternoon for a "Day Out in.." project and saw your post. So I have just loaded them into VP (Last version 3.04x.....with the big bright blue knob on the red line)) and dropped them all onto the sequence line to see what happens. Total time 11 mins 2 secs. So far they have played (in preview) from end to end OK. without any auto repeats. So it seems to run OK here. I'll do some editing etc. and come back if it behaves oddly. Are you playing it with the preview button?

Nat

If you make a video over 5 or 6 minutes long (approximately) it loses all control and just plays the video over and over with all controls greyed out.

Played an eight-minute sequence in 3.04 and could not duplicate the problem you cited; these clips stopped at the end of play.

Thanks guys. I'll give it another shot. Was working fine before this started.